The Aftermath

I wake up to the sound of a tea pot whistling, laying on a couch in an apartment I don't recognize. I try to sit up but I'm in so much pain, I notice my chest is bandaged. I must have made a noise because I hear someone come to me.

"Whoa whoa, sit tight okay Ma'am." The stranger spoke calmly.

"Where am I? Who are you?" I asked with a firm voice.

"I'm Steve, I saw those guys attacking you, luckily I got to you in time. I brought you to my apartment." He answered as he kneels down right in front of me.

"Why would you bring me here and not a hospital?" I ask suspiciously.

"I'm still planning on taking you to the hospital but you collapsed in my arms and I didn't have a vehicle or a phone with me and I thought I would let you wake up first, I didn't really think it would be a good idea to drive you while you were unconscious and you wake up finding yourself in a strangers car." He explained.

"Oh....okay." With that he reaches to me with his hand and that causes me to flinch and scoot myself away from him and cover my chest with the blanket that's on top of me that I just noticed. He reverts his hand seeing that he scared me.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you, I was just going to give you a warm washcloth," he calmly told me. "May I?" I nod and he gently pats the washcloth on my cheek and cleans my wounds, he opens up my bandage just a little to check it, there is so much intensity in his eyes. Yep, these are definitely the same eyes that I saw before in the ally. I flinch and he gives me a sympathetic look. "Sorry....yeah, your definitely going to need to see a doctor, your still bleeding," he informed me. After he cleaned me up he hands me a cup of tea, "here, this should calm your nerves a little." I'm very hesitant but I do drink it but just a little bit. "What's your name?" He asked me after a few minutes.

"Why do you want to know my name?" I again ask suspiciously.

"Well, I would like to know who I'm talking to and just in case you pass out again before we get to the hospital I can tell the doctor." He gently responded.

"....Iris." I told him after a few minutes. "What happened to...."

"I'm afraid they got away...." I'm starting to really get worried and scared. "Don't worry, I'm sure they both have records and won't take long to find them, trust me they won't be stupid enough to come after you again....if you want to tell the cops when we get to the hospital I can describe them for you if you want." This was not giving me any comfort at all! That doesn't mean they wouldn't come after me again!

"I won't need help remembering what they look like!" I spoke very snippy with a heavy eye roll.

He's being very nice and he did after all save me but after my track record with men and from what happened tonight I don't trust him one bit. I notice him looking down at himself for a few seconds.

"Why don't you and I change out of these clothes and...." He started to propose until I stop him.

"Great, I knew it, I knew there was some reason why you saved me! Why would I take off my clothes? Did you think I would fuck you right here just because you saved me?" I rant with a very bitter tone.

"Whoa, I wasn't trying to say that at all." He quickly denied while putting his hands up slightly to convey surrender, "I didn't mean to make you think that, I just thought you would like to go to the hospital without a torn bloody shirt and want to freshen up a little bit first. You can use my bathroom."

"Oh....I'm sorry," I quietly apologized slightly embarrassed....but only slightly.

"It's okay." He softly replied.