Chapter 3

"Wake up, Espeon, Lucario." Ash mumbled, shaking his partner Pokémon awake. "Time for breakfast." As both of them stirred, he staggered to the bathroom, and refreshed himself. He dressed in his standard trainer's clothes, a casual black shirt with a navy blue jacket, his signature necklace, and jeans. He also put on his fingerless black gloves, where on the left glove, a Key Stone was imbedded into it.

Espeon hopped onto his shoulder and he entered the dining room. As soon as he did, he sent out all his Pokémon to have breakfast in the lounge.

Ash looked to his Elites. As usual, Pakura is changing, but her Pokémon's out here eating breakfast.

"Morning, Ash! Come have a seat!" said Phillip, waving him over. The moment he slid into his chair he was served an enormous platter of food. Eggs, ham, piles of fried potatoes. A tureen of fruit sat in ice to keep it chilled. The basket of rolls set would last a family for an entire week. There's elegant glasses of orange juice, cups of coffee, and cups of hot chocolate.

Ash took an empty plate, and filled it with a substantial amount of everything on the table, before starting to eat.

Over the eggs, Ash asked, "Is Paku taking a shower"

"She's the one that woke me up, so what do you think?" Akeno asked, pouring herself a cup of coffee.

"She used the connecting door to get to your room didn't she?" Jude enquired.

"Yeah." Akeno said

"By the way, what Pokémon are you guys going to use for the tag battle?" Phillip asked, deciding to make some small talk.

"Definitely not our Legendaries." Jude joked.

Phillip shot him a "You don't say?" look, and turned to Ash. "Hey, Ash, what Pokémon are you going to use?"

"For today, I'll go with Kingdra, Scyther and Jolteon." Ash replied. He looked at Phillip, as if to say, "And you?"

"I'll go with Heliolisk, Galvantula, and Excadrill." Phillip said. "Akeno?"

"Decidyu, Delphox, and Gengar." Rosaline listed.

"And I'm going with Scrafty, Malamar and Cloyster." Jude informed them. "Whoever our partner is, I hope their type specialty cancels out at least one of our weaknesses."

"Yeah, I hope so too." Akeno said. "Ash doesn't need to worry, since he has Pokémon of various types, and he doesn't have a type specialty."

Ash made a noise of agreement, just as the sound of a door opening can be heard, and Pakura emerged from her room, dressed and ready to go. She was wearing one of her trainer outfits- a white top (that showed her chest well) with a pink skirt, complete with black boots, a light pink jacket and a belt to hold her six Pokéballs. Her hair was loose, and put up in a hairband that had a ribbon attached to it.

"Morning, Paku." Ash greeted his Leader. Pakura nodded.

"What Pokémon are you going to use today?" Jude enquired.

Pakura looked around at her Pokémon, and pointed to Jynx, Flogres and Mawile.

"You're going to Mega Evolve your Mawile, aren't you?" Phillip voiced his suspicion. The PAL Elites were also well-known to use Mega Evolution during battles, and each of them had their Key Stones worn as part of their outfit, while their Pokémon had the appropriate Mega Stones. Jude's one was in the form of a bracelet, Rosaline's a ring, Pakura's one was a charm, and Phillip's one is a stickpin he attached to his shirt.

Once per battle, only a single Pokémon for each Trainer may Mega Evolve, while this is true, another thing about the PAL Elites are, their bonds with every single one of their Pokémon are so strong; they can Mega Evolve their Pokémon anytime, thus bypassing the rule.