Chapter 1

I Casey Turner was tired. It was a long day at work and I was ready for bed. I parked my car in my assigned spot at my apartment parking, locked my car, and walked towards my first-floor apartment. I was looking forward to changing out of my fifties-themed uniform and crawling into bed with my cat. I pushed the front door open and walked inside, where I slipped off my shoes and dropped my bag. I reached up to unpin my hair when I heard voices. My best friend and roommate Alison must've still been awake. It was almost midnight which wasn't late but I still wondered what she was doing up. I was going to call out to her but I froze when I heard what she was saying.

"You need to hurry, Casey will be home soon." I frowned. Why would she be worried about me being home soon? 

Then my heart dropped at the next voice.

"Alright, I'll call you later babe." The voice belonged to my boyfriend Sam. My heart started to race as I continued to hear them kiss and my breath caught as they walked into the kitchen.

Alison's eyes widened as she saw me. Sam winces and avoided my gaze. I looked between them confused as I tried to figure out what I was seeing.

Alison was the first to speak, "Case," she swallowed.

"What?" I said, "Is going on?"

"Sam and I have been seeing each other." She said.

"Behind my back?" I said my voice returning.

Alison didn't respond and my anger kicked in.

"So that's it? You just decided to 'see' MY boyfriend? How long has this been going on for?"

Alison shrugged and looked up at Sam, "I dunno, a few weeks." Sam nodded.

"We didn't mean for it to happen, it just did." He said.

"Wow." I was surprised at how casually they were acting.

I shook my head, "How could you do this? You're supposed to be my best friend!" I yelled.

Alison stepped forward and I stepped back, wanting to put distance between us.

"We're sorry! We wanted to tell you, it just never came up," she explained.

I scoffed, "Right, you just never found the time to tell me that you're sleeping together behind my back."

"Casey, really we didn't want you to find out this way," Sam said.

I turned away, I couldn't believe them. Sam and I have been dating for a few months, but if he and Alison were also together what does that say about how he felt about us?

Frustrated I turned back around to face them. "I want you out. Both of you."

"What?" Alison asked.

"Leave. Move out." I stated.

"But, I live here."

"Not anymore you don't." I clenched my fists and stepped forward, I was angry, angry than I have ever been. I could've hit her and Sam for that matter.

"Casey you can't just kick me out." She paused, "I'm your best friend, and roommate." she said softly.

"Not anymore!" I shouted.

"Where am I supposed to go?" Alison said.

"I don't know and frankly I don't care! I just want you to pack your things and leave."

"Casey, can't we talk about this?" Alison asked.

"No, we can't you already decided to see each other without talking to me so I'm kicking you out," I said.

Alison groaned I can't believe this."

"And I can't believe you'd sleep with my boyfriend!" Or ex-boyfriend... the thought made me sad. I frowned at the reality of how their betrayal made me feel kicked in. Hot tears stung my eyes but I refused to let them fall.

"Babe, you can stay with me." Sam wrapped an arm around Alison. "Tomorrow we'll come to get your stuff."

"Okay." She said. Alison looked at me, seemingly sad. She sighed as she walked down to her room and came back with a bag on her shoulder. I moved over to stand by the couch giving her a clear way to the front door.

Sam opened the door and stepped out, he held his hand out for Alison to grab.

Alison walked towards the door but she looked back at me.

"Casey," she whispered. I shook my head, she looked like she had tears in her eyes But I didn't want the apology I just wanted her out. She grabbed Sam's hand and they closed the door behind them. I rushed over to the door to slam it and lock it. The hot tears were now streaming down my face and they kept falling, turning into sobs. I slid down the door crumbling on the floor as the hurt feelings turned overwhelming.

What was I going to do now?