Chapter 1

Nettlepaw watched as his best friend since kithoods, apprentice ceremony ended. Rainkit, now Rainpaw walked gleefully over to him. The two being two moons apart were separated for a little bit, but now were together again.

He watched as his sister, Vixenpaw walked back into the medicine den. Looking around the camp, he couldn't help but feel like others were staring at him. Cats were talking, whispering, he couldn't decipher exactly what was being said, but he knew they were talking about him. Vixenpaw did something. He thought to himself. I'll deal with her later. It didn't matter right now, all that mattered was getting Rainpaw situated to being an apprentice.

Her mentor, Featherclaw, was an older cat. One of the oldest cats in the clan at that. Many wondered why she hadn't retired. In the nursery kits theorized that she was around for the creation of the clans.

Age hadn't done her good, as she was crabby and didn't care for younger cats. She's gonna hurt Rainpaw. Nettlepaw thought. He let out a deep throated growl at that.

"Nettlepaw?" Nettlepaw looked up and saw Rainpaw standing beside him. Nettlepaw looked at her.

"Yea?" he asked.

"Are you okay?" she asked "You were growling"

Nettlepaw nodded, "I'm fine, " he said.

Rainpaw nodded, sitting next to him.

"I'm excited to be an apprentice with you" Rainpaw said, Nettlepaw smiled "I'm glad to be an apprentice with you too"