Prologue

My name is Margo von Orravan, the son of a marquess from the Kingdom of Frey.

My looks, my magic, my money, and my standing, all of it is truly because i was born a winner.

Everyone is envious of me, but of course, why wouldn't they?

The lower class nobles are always trying to have a connection with me, either they're aiming for my money, or my standing, unforgivable!

They are just sad excuses of a nobleman, its the painful truth that nobody is perfect like me.

Well..... There are some.

The eldest daughter of the king, Sarah le Frey, a young woman with blond hair and streaks of orange hair, the royal family of the kingdom are the only ones with light attribute magic, they're born strong, even the king who is 60 years old looks around 20.

Light attribute magic is unique in a sense since only people with royal blood have access to it, and yet, her highness Sarah le Frey has an even more unique magic, the only one of its kind, solar magic.

As it names suggests, its magic based on the sun, different from regular fire magic, solar magic can be applied like the churches blessings, and coupled with the destruction capabilities of light magic.

A genius as a child, even i, the great Margo is envious of her intellect.

And the fact that her friends are all talented people irks me to no end.

Her friends are of course people with a similar standing with her, though, its only below her, the three dukes of this Kingdom have produced geniuses in their own aspects.

The Red Guard Dogs of the Royal Family, The ducal family of Ignis, and their first born daughter, Viola von Ignis, she is a talented soon to be knight that has access to the families unique violet coloured fire magic, it is said that the violet flames she wields is the strongest and she is one of the two users recorded to have it.

She is not smart, but her instincts, sword technique, and overall mana manipulation is high enough to rival the princess.

A genius fighter..... How annoying.

Incidentally, my family is under one of the Ducal families, the Ducal family of Terra.

The family that wiggled itself to its position, and the youngest of the three families.

They managed to get their position through blackmail, the threatened to buy out the entire kingdom, land by land, noble by noble, and inch by inch.

It was supposed to be impossible, but the amount of scheming they did warranted respect, the royal family reluctantly agreed and gave them the position of duke 500 years ago.

Their family is the richest, their wealth being bigger than the royal families, and yet, after becoming a ducal family, they have followed the royal family through thick and thin, helping and guiding them along the way through the shadows, through assassinations, blackmail, and erasing certain figures.

From that family, Mier von Terra was born, she was different from the rest, her green hair and yellow eyes were said to be pure as in kindness.

Not diluted by the Terra family, just... Pure kindness.

Mier was born with plant magic, its rare but not hard to come by, and yet, her extensive knowledge for plants have given her an edge.

A pure plant lover..... Nasty.

Last but not least, the Ducal family Aqua.

They are the second light of the empire, and the bridge connecting the royal family with the church.