06 Unwelcome guest

Jaemin and you were greeting the guests before the wedding ceremony began. Both of you were hiding the butterfly lingering in your stomach.

Renjun who was eating the served snacks, suddenly stopped eating.

Renjun: Why is he here?

Jeno: Who?

Renjun: Taeyang, Taeyong's twin.
Be strong y/n. Do not make your heart waver.

Taeyang approached you in his white suit, with a handkerchief in the pocket. The handkerchief you made for the late Taeyong.

You grip your dress, and try to avoid looking at him.

Taeyang: Congratulations y/n. You look beautiful today.

Y/n: Th..ank you

You stuttered.

You went silent.

Taeyang: You are still wearing that bracelet. The bracelet which my brother customized it especially for you.

You tucked in the bracelet in your sleeve, trying to hide it. Flashes of your memories with Taeyong haunted you. You were no longer sitting elegantly. You were restless, overwhelmed with guilt.

You were about to stand up, leaving the wedding behind and hiding yourself somewhere else. Luckily, Renjun came and led Taeyang somewhere that you can no longer see him. Jaemin noticed that your movements were suspicious. But he leaves you alone.

The wedding is over, you were still drowned in your gloomy emotions. You knew you should portray a happy smile in your face but you could not fake it. Jaemin was drying his hair with a towel while you were still in your wedding gown. Didn't move an inch from the bedside.

Jaemin crossed his arms, standing in front of you. He frowned.

Jaemin: Will you continue to act like this, on our first night?

You were snapped. You lifted your head looking at him. He was certainly mad. You never saw that expression of him before. But you were still silent.

Jaemin: I'm leaving, I guess you don't need me.

Jaemin heads towards the door, you immediately  ran hugging him from behind.

Y/n: Jaemin, I'm sorry.. I don't know what's wrong with me. But I felt as if he was watching me getting married with someone else. As if I betrayed him. I want you, only you but I..

Jaemin held your hand that was locking him from moving any further. He split your arms apart, turning facing you and placed his hand on your shoulder. He looked into your teary eyes and sighed heavily.

He pulled your sleeve, opened the haunted bracelet, threw it into the bin. You were shocked but you have no right to stop him.

He dragged you to the dressing table, pulled a drawer and took out a box.
He opened it, it's a full set of jewellery.

  He put the necklace around your neck. You could hear his breath, as he get closer to lock it. Then, continue putting the bracelet on your left wrist.  Finally, a ring on your right hand ring finger.

Jaemin: Wear this from now. Only the ones I bought for you. Forget whatever he had given to you.

He's sterned. It was kind of scary to look at his eyes directly. You focused on the bracelet instead.