Reunited (Part 1)

You and Bob had been in the same class in Top Gun, and while you did your best to hide it, everyone knew you had the biggest crush on him. He was clueless, though.

He never imagined an outspoken, gorgeous pilot like yourself would like a shy dork like him. It's not that he was oblivious to you, he'd had a crush on you too. But he wouldn't dare say that out loud, unfortunately.

You were at the top of the class, socially, academically, and physically. While he was brilliant at what he did, you were just above him in the class, which he admired a lot more than you'd think he would. By the time you graduated and were being placed in totally different locations, you had barely mustered up the courage to do this.

"I like you, Bob." He drops his medal he was holding in hand as a picture is snapped of you two, you had coerced him into standing next to you with the excuse of a picture, which both of you had forgotten now. You look to see him staring at you, jaw open and eyes wide. You smile sheepishly at him as you nod as if to confirm what you said.

"Like a lot. I can't believe you're the only one that didn't notice." You say quickly as he looks around to the people looking at you two. He looks back at you shyly.

"But I-"

"Don't give me that, 'I'm a dork' crap. I said I like you and I mean it." You say before he can come up with an excuse to try and change your mind.

"The whole time?" His southern drawl sounds defeated but excited at the same time. You nod.

"Believe it or not, I'm shy too." You say.

"But y/n. We're gonna be in two different places. Why are you telling me this now, we haven't had any time together..." he draws off as he realizes his words.

"You like me too." You blanched. He nods.

"Duh." He whispers and you laugh.

"Bob, you're a respectable man. I promise I'll wait if you will. I'm not in a hurry, and I know you aren't either. Of course if it's not what you want-" he cut your ramble off.

"It is. I'll wait." He says.

"We'll meet again, Bob. But until then.." you trail off and bring him down to your height for a kiss.

"Something to remember me by." You say and he whispers your name absentmindedly. You look down to your wrist as you see your favorite bracelet. Bob looks to where your gaze is and smiles.

"If you give it to me, I'll wear it every day. I'll even give you my necklace." He says, more bold than you've ever seen him.

"I'll wear it everyday." You promise and you two switch accessories. Cheers around you erupt as your Top Gun class congratulate you two.

"One day." You say to him as you leave.

"One day." He smiles.