Chapter 13: {boat house}

"We need to start by calling all of eddies friends, seeing if anyone will know where he is." Dustin said leaping over the desk causing Steve to yell.
"Not my tapes!" He yelled
"Jesus Harrington don't cry about it." Sydney laughed picking up the tapes.
He playfully pushed her blushing.
"Could you two like focus less on flirting and more time finding Eddie!" Mackenzie yelled.
"Alright jeeez." Steve replied

They spent hours dialling all of eddies contacts and friends until finding a lead.
"Guys! I think I know where Eddie is." Max said causing everyone to look at her.

They all piled into Steve's car, meaning Steve was in the front with Robin and Sydney on her lap then max dustin and mackenzie in the back.
It was cramped but they didn't care because they were all just focused on finding Eddie.

They arrived at the small house near the lake, dustin banged on the door, It was the house of eddies dealer.
"Hellloooooo??" Dustin yelled
"Maybe nobody is in." Steve said with his arms crossed.
"Or maybe he's in there..?" Sydney said pointing at the boat house.
"Or that yeah." Steve said as they all walked over to the boat house.
They all walked in cautiously looking around.
"Doesn't seem like he's in." Max said
Mackenzie looked round to see....nothing.
Suddenly Steve started jabbing at the tarp with a paddle from a boat.
"What are you doing?" Mackenzie asked
"Maybe he's hiding?" Steve said as he continued to jab.
"Just take the tarp off!" Mackenzie said
"If you are so brave you take the tarp off." Steve said as Mackenzie rolled her eyes.
"Well you never know with him. We don't even know if he did it or not." Steve said
"Steve seriously." Sydney said punching his arm.
"What? He might o-" Steve started until he got ambushed by a figure coming out the tarp, pushing him to the wall with a broken glass bottle against his neck.
It was eddie.
"Eddie no!" Dustin said
"That's Steve , he's not going to hurt you." Dustin continued.
Eddie turned around to look at dustin with the bottle still against Steve's neck.
"That's Robin, you know her she's in band." Dustin said pointing at Robin and she pretended to play her instrument.
"Then that's max, you know the one who never wants to play dnd." Max waved
"Then Sydney, the new girl we saw the other day." Sydney stated at Eddie.
"Then , look! It's Mackenzie! You know Mackenzie! She played dnd with us you know!" Dustin said.
Eddie looked at Mackenzie , realising she was there. He raised his eyebrows in shock almost.
"Cmon Eddie. He's not going to hurt you." Dustin said.
Eddie finally let Steve go and moved away, he fell to the ground in defeat.
"Eddie...we just want to know what happened." Dustin put his hand towards him but he pulled away.
"Okay..it's okay."Dustin said
Suddenly Mackenzie came over and Dustin moved out the way.
"Eddie...look at me." Mackenzie said pushing her hand towards Eddie, he didn't move away so she held his hand , gently stoking it.
Everyone looked at eachother in confusion. They barely knew eachother. Why was Eddie comfortable with her and not Dustin. Well that's what they thought. Nobody knew.
"I'm sorry..." he said tearing up
"I knew she was your bestfriend I swear I wouldn't do this." Eddie said shaking.
"We know." Mackenzie said looking at him.
"We want to know what happened." Robin said
"You won't believe me." Eddies croaked.
"Try us." Max said

Eddie told them the whole story, with Mackenzie by his side and everyone around him. He was shaking like mad.

"I'm so sorry eddie." Mackenzie said softly while rubbing her thumb gently across his hand.
He looked at her briefly and said.
"Why do you believe me..?" He sniffed
"We have been through this before." Dustin said.
"Yeah." Mackenzie said causing max to look at her confused.

Max was so confused, firstly mackenzie was being close with Eddie but she's supposed to be dating her brother, she always knew Billy wasn't good for mackenzie. But a part of her wanted them to stay together so max would still have a big sister figure.

"Mackenzie, can I talk to you?" Max said
"Yeah of course." Mackenzie said as they both walked outside.
"What's going on between you and Eddie?" She asked
"What?? Nothing. I'm with your brother." Mackenzie said.
"I wouldn't blame you if you wanted to leave him, he's an asshole. But I really don't want to lose you." Max said jolting her head down.
"You won't loose me, okay?" Mackenzie said pulling max into a hug.