66: A Double Date(?)

You and Kyōjurō wandered the streets of Kyoto for a while. The sun had finally went down and people began crowding the streets.

The both of you had then stopped and watched a little marionette play about Orihime and Hikoboshi──while listening as the children laughed and cheered. Kyōjurō wrapped an arm around your shoulders and held you close until it was over, before suggesting you both should go get something to eat.

Your stomach immediately growling at the mention of food as you glanced at the many food stands that were all serving different foods ranging from dango and dorayaki, to yakisoba and ikayaki.

"Kyō look! They got yakitori!" You say excitedly, pointing to a stall that was serving the delicious shish kabobs.

Kyōjurō nodded, but he wasn't really feeling yakitori tonight as he glanced towards a nearby stall that was selling yakiimo (roasted sweet potato).

You followed his hungry gaze and smiled, "how's about we go get our food and meet back here, yea?"

"Sounds great!♡" He says, and kissed you on the cheek, "I'll be right back, okay?"

You shook your head at his antics, watching him run over to the stand before making your way over towards the one selling yakitori.

As you waited for your meal, you looked around─smiling to see people having fun and enjoying themselves. It was indeed heartwarming.

After receiving your grilled kabob you waited for your husband whilst enjoying your meal.

"Eeeeeeeek, (Name)-chaaaaan♡!"

You nearly jumped upon hearing your name being called and glanced to see a familiar head of pink and green. Before you could react, you're instantly pulled into a warm bear hug.

"I didn't expect to see you here?! I thought you and Kyō-senpai where spending your honeymoon somewhere else in Kyoto?" Mitsuri exclaims excitedly.

"H-hey Mitsuri, good to see you. What are you doing here?" You asked, once she let you go.

"I came for the festival!"

Duh, of course, that makes total sense.

"Where's Kyō-senpai?" She finally asked.

"He's over there," you pointed towards the food stand where Kyōjurō was and the Hashira of Love nods, before skipping over to him.

You watched Mitsuri tap Kyōjurō's shoulder, getting his attention as he turned and hugs her. Definitely delighted to see her as they striked up a conversation. You smiled at warm exchange, but jumped upon feeling something slither across your shoulder.

You almost screamed, but stopped after seeing a familiar pair of red reptilian eyes and a boy in a black and white striped haori.

"Gods, don't scare me like that, Iguro!" You scolded.

The Snake Hashira says nothing as you sighed and acknowledged the white snake on your shoulder.

Now, usually you were terrified of snakes, especially the venomous ones like; the Japanese Mamushi, Tiger Keelback, and the Yamakagashi.