Party Animal

Gabrielle woke up in a couch that was not her own, in a house that was not her own. She looked around sleepily, and noticed that she was surrounded by plastic red cups and sleeping people. She was confused but then she remembered that she had fallen asleep at a party the night before. 

     Getting off the couch, she spotted her phone in the coffee table and picked it up. There were 27 missed calls from her dad.  "Ugh," she groaned, knowing that she should expect to be lectured when she arrived home.

     As soon as she walked into the large mansion she called her home, her father rushed to the door. "Gabrielle Cartier! Tell me what you were doing and where you were THIS MOMENT," he yelled angrily. "Relax, Dad! I was only at a party," she replied. "Only at a party? I'm going crazy, and so is your mother, about this partying until you pass out stuff! Even though I've pleaded with you repeatedly to limit your parties, you continue to ignore my requests. Gabrielle, I didn't anticipate it getting to this point, but I'm resorting to my final option." After pausing, Gabrielle responded nervously "...final option? Daddy what are you talking about?"

     "Go to your room, IMMEDIATELY, and don't attempt to sneak out or I will put you back in your room and lock you in there," her dad said. Seeing her pause with an unbelieving look on her face, he added "Now!"

     Storming up to her room, Gabrielle couldn't help but wonder what her dad was referring to when he talked about his "final option".  What kind of last resort was he going to resort to, she wondered nervously.

     Even though the next day was Monday, it was summer break, so Gabrielle slept in late. 

     "Gabrielle? GABRIELLE! COME DOWN THIS INSTANT," her father screamed from downstairs. Gabrielle woke up in her beautiful, large, room, and looked up at her chandelier.

 Gabrielle woke up in her beautiful, large, room, and looked up at her chandelier

     Oh boy, she thought.

     Getting up and putting on a light gray hoodie, she tossed her golden blonde hair out of her face and went downstairs.