Explaining a Dream (2)

Dipper woke up on his bed in the shared Attic, Mabel half on his bed and half on a chair that she must have pulled from his desk. They've both grown a lot, and really, it's only weird to everyone else that the two still share practically everything even at the age of 18.

"Hey, Mabes." Dipper whispered, shaking Mabel's head to wake her up. She grumbled before jolting up.

"Dipper! Oh, thank glitter, you're awake! I was worried after you just fainted like that! What happened?" Mabel asked, scooting forward in her chair with curiosity. Dipper smiled before he faked a worried expression across his face.

"There's more Ciphers, Mabel. I just saw one! He's blue and has golden fire. I don't know who he is." He said with faux worry, grabbing her by her shoulders and giving her a shake.

"If you ever get summoned, promise me you'll call yourself Mizar." Dipper demanded, giving Mabel another shake and acting desperate.

"I promise! But why?" Mabel squeaked, gripping Dipper's arms and stopping him from shaking her anymore.

"Just... You'll see. If has to do with the Cipher stuff. Now, help me up. My body feels all noodle-y, and we have to tell Grunkle Ford about the new Cipher." Dipper grunted as he tried to get out of bed, his body feeling so weird after his experience in his demon form that he didn't know he had.

"Okay! Okay! Up you get, then. Let's go tell Grunkle Ford." Mabel agreed, helping Dipper up and letting him put some of his weight on her.

>-<

"Are you sure that was a vision, Dipper? It sounds almost like you were that demon." Stanford asked, sitting at the kitchen table. Dipper was across from him, drinking a cup of water. Who knew your throat would feel a little weird after being a 2D shape?

"He can't have been that demon! Did you hear him? He said the demon was disinterested with the surroundings and enthusiastic about making deals! That doesn't sound like Dipper at all!" Mabel reasoned, waving her arms around as she spoke. Ford nodded his head in agreement, furrowing his brows in thought.

"We might not know why I got the vision, but maybe we can use it to know everything that the demon is doing so that we can plan ahead, you know?" Dipper suggested, taking a sip of his water. The coolness on his tongue and down his throat feels heavenly after his strange little trip as a demon.

"Yes... yes, that is a good idea! But- ah, no one knows where Bill's statue is..." Grunkle Ford sheepishly said, rubbing the back of his neck and fixing his glasses.

"Oh, I know where He is. I found Him out in the woods three summers ago. I haven't gone back since then, but I think I have a general enough idea of the area to be able to make it back." Dipper said, sure in his knowledge of the woods.

"You've been in the woods every summer we've been here, bro. Of course, you'd know where He is." Mabel laughed, leaning on her brother. Even at 18 years of age, Dipper was still shorter. Dipper grinned up at her, and she noticed that his canines seemed a little longer than normal... But she brushed it off. There's no way his teeth grew from fainting like he did. That's silly.

"Well, I'm glad to know someone at least knows where He is. Let's make plans to go over there tomorrow so we can trap the area to keep away this new demon. Does that sound good with both of you?" Ford asked after making his suggestion.

"Sounds good to me! But only if you can get Grunkle Lee to make his Stancakes." Mabel bargained, giggling at the twin looks of disgust from Grunkle Ford and Dipper.

"Ugh! Just for that, I'm going to go into the woods and make sure I have the path memorized correctly so we don't get lost tomorrow." Dipper huffed, getting up from the kitchen table and putting his empty cup in the sink. He'll wash it later.

"Awwww, but Dipdop-" Mabel started.

"Nuh-uh! I'm not helping you beg for hair filled pancakes." Dipper firmly stated, sticking his tongue out at Mabel playfully before running out the door with his bag when Mabel screeched about tickle revenge attacks.