||1||

Adrenaline.

Something Blake Harper craved 24/7. Whether it was in a car, on a motorcycle or- her absolute favorite, in a fighter jet. As a young girl she worked in a bar at a small airfield. It had only one tarmac, it wasn't a large one but that didn't matter to her. She loved seeing the private planes taking off. Fascinated by the skill a pilot had to have to be able to control a machine like that.
When she got the chance to fly along with a fighter jet- in the backseat of course, she was sold. This was it for her. She knew it. She had no idea what she wanted to be when she grew up. But since in that moment, she knew.

She studied. A lot.
She studied hard, ready to give everything she had to persue her dream job. Eventually, she was accepted in a program to train young pilots and before she knew it she was officially a navy fighter pilot. And a damn good one. Blake still had to wrap her head around the fact that she finished first when she graduated, making her the top of her class but that was quickly forgotten during her missions.
She learned a lot during her studies. Not only about the plane, but everything that came along with it. Her physique, how to handle the G-forces and how to fake your confidence. Something she noticed very quickly was the fact that everybody in her class was confident. Some of them were cocky, flirting with arrogance, but no one actually was arrogant. She thought that pilots had to be that way, because if you were not confident on the ground, what level of confidence would you have up in the air? The answer was none. And that mostly didn't end well.

Yes, Blake was a bit like everyone else- confident and cocky when needed. She was extremely good at giving comebacks in a split second and she was not afraid to speak her mind when something didn't feel right with her.

After graduating as a fighter pilot Blake went on a couple of missions. It was tough but nothing she couldn't handle. She could even claim her first confirmed air-to-air kill. And you bet she was proud of that.

Now at the moment, Blake stood before her admiral. She was called to Admiral Johnsons' office and she had no idea why. She stood tall, her back straightened and her hands behind her back. Her chin up, waiting for the explanation why he called her into his office.
"I have to congratulate you, Tornado, you managed to get an air-to-air kill. That's impressive for someone as young as you."
A small smile danced over her lips before disappearing as soon as it came.
Of course it's impressive, she thought.
"Thank you, sir."
"But that's not the reason I've called you into my office." Admiral Johnsons spoke.
"You've proven to me that you are a great pilot, top of your class, an air-to-air kill, it's something some pilots can only dream of. I have been giving the task to recruit someone for a mission."
Blake held her breath at those words. She was happy she could serve her country, so being sent on a mission by her admiral would be an honor. If that was the reason she was called into his office for, of course.
"It's not just a mission, it's a very dangerous and risky mission, hence why only the best of the best are being sent." He spoke, being absolutely serious about this topic.
"I want you to go. You're the ideal pilot for me."
She swallowed.
So this mission was no joke, it seemed.
But a part in her got excited, ready to fly out again, to feel the adrenaline pumping through her veins, again.
Blake knew she couldn't control that part of her. It would eventually take the upper hand in a lot of things. So she did what her heart was telling her to do. She accepted the mission.
"Sir, I'd be honored to fly this mission and I will do everything I can to complete and succeed it."
No turning back now, she thought.
"That's why I trust you. Start packing your bags." The admiral spoke.

"Because you're going to Top Gun, Tornado."

——————————————————————-
First chapter whooowww!!
I was struggling to find a cool callsign, so if you like it or have any other ideas, let me know! 
Next chapters are gonna be longer, I just needed an intro, so enjoy and see y'all around! x