1.

Why do you keep doing this to yourself Frankie? You're not as young as you use to be and you definitely can't party like you use to, and damn you use to party hard.

Now, at 25, in the wake of a night of binge drinking and dancing, I wake up and my bones ache. My stomach clenches and all I want to do is sleep but no matter how long i kept my eyes closed my body wouldn't shut down.

It's happened, somewhere between leaving my little country town and moving to the big city, I got old.

I'd been working non stop and settling into a new life and amounts all that I'd forgotten to take time to let lose. But last night after a particularly long week at work, I gave in and decided to go out to the clubs with the guys from work, they had been nagging me to come with them for months and truth be told I don't know why I never did. I drank and danced and mingled the night away, completely forgetting I was at least 5 years older and their manager, but in those very moments I didn't care.
'This place is amazing! where are we Brit?' yelling so she could hear me over the drag show that had started on the main stage and throwing back a jelly shot at the same time.
'Its called Adams Apple, can you tell its a gay bar?' She asked sarcastically as a half naked, very ripped and very very tanned man in gold underwear brought around more jelly shots for us to toast the drag show.
'Ok I gotta pee, I'll be right back' I said to Brit as I slammed the jelly shot, winding my tongue around the outside of the plastic shot cup to get the jelly all out in one go, while Britt was still struggling to unstick hers. Clearly my years of experience shining over hers.
'I'll find you once I'm out, you find the boys.' I said as I left her side. Brit had said that whenever she goes out with Matt and Jake they always go AWOL. Especially at the gay bars.
I push the door to the ladies room open, only to be greeted with a very loud, over the top queen leaning over the sink reapplying her pink lipstick.
'Holy shit babe your hair is to DIE for! It looks like a tequila sunrise, I love it!' She said as she turned to me and stroked my shoulder length, straight cut hair. It did look exactly like a tequila sunrise, and this wasn't the first time I heard it. Usually I get really embarrassed and really shy when someone compliments me and I've never known why. Maybe it's because I use to be invisible.
It may have been the alcohol settling in, or it could have been the fact this drag queen, in all her glory, was fascinated by me, but I began talking and laughing with her, Honey Bey, completely at ease. We laughed and joked in the bathroom for at least 20 minutes and I didn't realise how long I was in there until Brit came looking for me.
'Oh my god you're still in here I was beginning to think you fell in!' She said flailing and dropping her arms to her side.
'Oh honey that was my fault, I just had to talk to this ball of sunshine!' Bey said hugging me around the shoulders and bringing me in closer.
'Listen, I won these tickets for tomorrow nights 1D concert but I can't go, more do I think it is really my scene you know?' I took a moment to imagine her there, this 6 foot something drag queen with a fairy floss pink wig, silver full length jumpsuit and spice girl platform, standing amongst a crowd of screaming teens and giggled.
'I was going to just sell them, but do you girls want them? There one little catch though' she said as shifted her weight onto one side placing her hand on her hip.
My eyes widened, my heart raced. While they weren't my most favourite band, I definitely was a sucker for the British boys. And everyone knew it.
'Holy shit' Brit sighed, obviously just like me, not believing this was real life.
'Whats the catch Bey?' I say as I grin at her, copying her shift of weight and placing my hand on my hip just like her as I smirked.
'Let me get a photo with you so I can get a wig made just like your hair, I can see a whole new image, makeup, outfits, all of it. It'll drive the other bitches crazy!' She said with flashy jazz hands.
'Seriously? That's it? And you'll give me tickets to 1D?' I questioned, not really believing all it took was a photo, a photo I was well on my way to snapping anyway. After all, a drunk bathroom selfie with a drag queen doesn't come along every day.
'Thats it' she said as she held her hand out to seal the deal.
'As long as I can have your number so I can call you after and tell you how amazing you are' I said sassily as I shook her hand in acceptance of the deal.
'Done' Bey said as she unlocked her phone and handed it to Brit to take the photo.
After that, the night was one big blur. Brit and I found the boys and Bey had us dancing on the stage with her. I have no idea what time we left the club, or how I got home.

But now, now I regret everything and I'm pretty sure I could feel the earth turning, that's how bad this hangover was.
'Frankie, you dead?' My house mate screams out as she bangs loudly on my door, making all my knick knacks on my dresser jiggle.
'I can only imagine this is what death feels like so yes' I manage to reply, my voice raspy from all the singing from the night before.
Jeanie opens the door and sticks her head in and immediately the smell of her Vera Wang perfume and fresh air fills my room.
'I'm heading to Ryan's place for the night, are you still heading to the concert?' She queried, but she knew I had forgotten what she was talking about, I could tell because of the grin on her face, even with one eye closed.
'You messaged me at like 2am and had met some queen who loved you and Brit so much she gave you tickets to One Direction.' her statement riddled with judgement. She knew I liked them and was constantly giving me hell for it. She was more of an androgynous music lover, very grunge. I guess I was too really, I love all the big rock bands, Pearl Jam, Nirvana. But I wasn't ashamed to say I fell for the media machine that was 1D, or any pop music really.
I sat up, one eye still closed because the sun was streaming through my blinds, my hair falling messily from my bun. Before I knew it I was smiling.
'Thats what I thought' Jeanie said, also grinning.
'Anyway, there's cold coke in the freezer, I just put it there, and bacon in the fridge. I'll see you tomorrow at some point.' She said, pushing my door open all the way.
'PARTY HARD!' The sarcasm in her voice obvious, while signally the rock horns with both hands. I smiled at her as she left my doorway, and as she turned around I flipped her the bird while secretly thanking the hangover gods they had brought her into my life and she was my best friend.