CHAPTER 20- The Talk

Catra acted like Adora lifting the cover up off of her gently didn't wake her up. She didn't wanna disturb the blonde girl. Catra smiled internally at the fact that she was trying to be as quiet as possible as to not wake her up. She felt Adora slide in the bed next to her. Adora's right leg touched Catra's left and Adora flinched, not wanting the contact to wake her. She slowly climbed the rest of the way in, and turned on her side, facing Catra's back.

   "I know you're awake, Catra. I'm sorry I didn't mean to wake you up." Adora's voice shocked Catra, she wasn't expecting to hear it and honestly she thought she jumped a little.

   "Your breathing pattern changed, that's how I know," Adora clarified.

   "I'm sorry, I didn't wanna make you feel bad so I just stayed quiet," Catra confessed.

   "It's ok, I'm sorry I woke you up. Will you be able to go back to sleep?"

   "Yeah, it's fine. I'll be able to sleep again." Catra turned around and smiled at Adora. Ah man, you could tell she was drunk. Her eyes were lidded and she had that goofy ass smirk that she had last time, it was like it was permanently plastered on her face when she was drunk. Guess her mom busted out the alcohol for everyone 18 and up. She does that sometimes. Adora must've gotten a bit carried away though, the damn idiot.

   "Are you drunk, Adora?" Catra asked, already knowing the answer.

   "Maybe a little," Adora said, still smiling gently. Adora always had this blush when she was drunk. She always had a blush, but it was everywhere when she was like this. Catra noticed that at the party for the first time. She figured even her shoulders would be blushing if she could see them, but she hadn't changed into her pajamas yet, or just never had the intention of doing so in the first place.

   "Just lay down dork," Catra said, rolling over.

   "But didn't you wanna talk?" Adora tilted her head like a dog.

   "That was before you decided to get drunk. I don't know how genuine your reaction is gonna be now," Catra said with an annoyed expression on her face, ears slightly tilted back. 

   "It'll be as genuine as what it would've been when I was sober, Catra. I may be drunk but I'm not stupid drunk," Adora countered.

   "What was it that you wanted to talk to me about? Just tell me, I promise I'll listen and respond good, ok?" Catra couldn't resist those persistent puppy eyes of Adora's.

   "Fine. I just wanted to ask you why you saved me." 

   "Why did I save you? Catra, I was worried sick about you and so was everyone else. I'm not gonna lie either, I missed you. A lot. You and Mermista are the people I'm the comfiest in hanging out with. I missed you a whole lot. So much so that I started getting anxious."

   "But that was so much danger you put yourself in for me. You didn't have to do that Adora. In fact I wish you hadn't. I'm grateful I'm here but I feel guilty you'd put yourself in danger for me, it makes me feel bad. Why did you do it? Why did you come back for me, we both know I don't matter." Adora's goofy smile was gone for good now.

   "You matter to me, Catra. I don't know where you got that idea from, but you matter. To me, to your family, to the people in school you barely know, I mean, why else would they have been here tonight. You obviously mattered to Lonnie enough to the point where she fucking kidnapped you. You matter, and if you ever say you don't again, by God I will smack the fur off of your head, do you hear me, Catra?" Adora said briskly. Catra shrunk down under Adora's gaze. She'd never seen her more serious the whole time she'd known her.

   "Ok," Catra squeaked out in a sheepish whimper. Adora slammed into her with one of those huge, muscular bear hugs. Catra promptly got red as fuck and huffed out of her nose as Adora continued to smother her. Eventually Adora let go and just stared in Catra's eyes.

   "I'm sorry if I came off as rude, I just feel very strongly on the subject. You're loved and you matter, Catra. Plain and simple. That's why I saved you, ok? Don't you ever doubt that about yourself again." All Catra could do was nod as her face progressively got more red and tears almost welled in her eyeballs. Adora was hitting close to home in the best way possible. She leaned forward and gave Adora another hug.

    Adora always thought Catra's hugs were so soft and warm. They just made her wanna protect Catra. The way she was just so small and she acted like she wasn't made Adora laugh and just wanna protect her even more. Catra knew she was smaller than Adora but she acted all high and mighty. But in moments like these, when she acted her size, all Adora could do was hold her. Something told her to make sure nothing happened to her, to always protect her when she felt down like this. She knew from that moment on that she'd do anything for this fucking cat bitch.

    She just wrapped her arms around Catra and let the cat girl rest her head on her bicep. She secretly liked it when Catra did that, it made her feel tough. But would Catra ever know that? Hell fucking no. She wrapped Catra even tighter up in her arms and put her head on her fluffy head fur.

    Catra was having a nice time hugging Adora when all of a sudden Adora just knocked her down on her side, still hugging her. Adora basically just turned on her side from a sitting position, but since Catra absolutely cannot resist the blonde's strength, she just toppled on over with her. They were practically cuddling, and Catra definitely had no opposition to it. Adora reached down and pulled the comforter over them and just put her arm back around Catra. Catra looked up to Adora's face and just saw that stupid idiot smiling down at her. She felt so flustered, all she could do was plant her face in Adora's chest in embarrassment.

   "Nice talk," Catra said with her voice muffled in Adora's chest.