𝐱𝐯𝐢 | (try to) keep it hidden

(try to) keep it hidden
- i won't say (i'm in love), hercules

or 5 times dream was a friend,
+1 time he was more

4,591 words !

➽───────────────❥

I.

THE first time Tommy meets his big brother's boyfriend, it's an accident, and he doesn't realize that Dream is his boyfriend. All Tommy wanted was to get his tennis shoes back; he left them at Techno's. It should've been an in-and-out operation. Fool-proof.

It wasn't Technoblade's boyfriend-proof, though. Tommy didn't even account for that.

In his defense, he kind of thought it was a joke. Not that he doesn't have the utmost faith in his brother! He and Wilbur are identical twins, after all, and Wilbur never shuts up about the confessions he gets. Tommy wants to gouge his eyes out any time Wilbur starts on another tirade. He does not care about his older brother's love life. No one does!

But Techno is not Wilbur, and he's always been less outgoing, and now there's a boyfriend mentioned here and there...

And now Tommy freezes in the doorway to the living room.

There is a strange blond man sitting on the couch. He's...glowing? No, the curtains are open, and they're shining on him—

The curtains are open.

The curtains are open? Techno never has the curtains open! Bitch is a fucking vampire, and the curtains are open? What the fuck?

"Oh, are you Tommy?" the man asks.

He narrows his eyes. "Who the fuck're you?" Tommy demands. Is Techno home? Did he invite this guy to his apartment? No, this guy is too sunny to know Techno. All...bright and shit. He needs to get out of the sun, fuck.

The man stands. Tommy picks up the flower vase. The man freezes.

"What are you doing with that?" the blond asks. He looks scared. Good, he should be. Tommy does not appreciate intruders in his house.

"Don't take another step, bitch," Tommy hisses. He hefts the vase up further. It's kind of heavy.

The intruder holds his hands up, as if to soothe a startled animal. What an asshole. Tommy's a hell of a lot more intelligent than an animal. Not that animals aren't smart! Henry is the smartest cow he knows, goddammit.

With his hands up, Tommy notices his shirt.

I'm God, it reads.

Woooow. Someone thinks very highly of himself.

"Answer the question," Tommy orders.

"Huh?"

Imbecile. Can't even remember the question Tommy asked him. No, this guy has no association with Technoblade; his brother has higher standards than this. He wouldn't be friends with someone with such a shit memory.

Oh. Then again, the man had known Tommy's name.

A stalker, then. Wilbur has a few of those.

Tommy lifts the vase higher, gets it in a better position to chuck.

"I asked your name, dickhead."

The man huffs. "Dream."

"Dream? That's not a name; that's a noun!" What is that, his thief name? Does this guy commit crimes for a living? How the fuck did he get into Techno's place anyway?