Billie Dean Howard x reader (pt.3)

Hello! I have two things to say: 1) Ms Paulson won best actress today, and I want to shout it from the rooftops. I fucking love that woman and I am so proud of her. And 2) I am considering taking this Billie x reader fic and turning it into a story of its own, because I actually enjoy where it is going and I want to be able to keep writing it. So I will probably do that, just a heads up. Anyways, on to part 3. Thank you for reading! (over 500 people have read this story so far. That is insane.)

okay we're starting for real now:) Billie comforts you after a nightmare

You're not sure what wakes you, exactly; all you know is that you're shaking as if you have the flu and tears are running down your face. You can't remember the details of the nightmare you were trapped in, all you know is that you were stuck, and terrified, and so alone. Curling into yourself, you allow the tears to flow freely down your face, choking out a soft whimper. The second the noise escapes your lips, you freeze, because it has just clicked that you can feel the presence of somebody next to you. Billie. Hoping you haven't woken her, you tuck yourself further under the covers and attempt to quiet your gasping breath. Your efforts are fruitless, however, because you feel a slight stirring by your side and, a moment later, a warm hand stroking your hair. You roll towards the contact and look up warily, and as your eyes adjust to the dark you are met with Billie's gaze, fixed on you with a look you can't quite place. You try to look away from her in the midst of your shame, but you are stopped by gentle yet firm fingers, cupping your chin and returning your eyes to hers. Without a word, Billie pulls you towards her chest, and a part of you breaks as you press into her, sobs wracking your body as tears run down your cheeks and onto the pillow.

You stay wrapped in Billie's arms until you are able to calm down, and even then she doesn't let you go, much to your relief; her embrace brings a safety that you weren't aware you could experience. She makes soft humming noises onto the crown of your head, the vibrations running down your spine. The feeling is so comforting that you are almost brought to tears yet again, and you nestle your face further into her neck to prolong the calm radiating over your body, breathing in the scent of Billie, like vanilla and Chanel, with an undertone cigarette smoke. Only once she is sure that you have recovered from your episode does Billie Dean prompt you to speak, murmuring into your hair the soft question of "What happened?" You shake your head gently, muttering back a quick "I don't know." Billie doesn't press you further, instead pulling back from your body to look into your eyes once more. Involuntarily, you whine slightly at the loss of contact, and despite the solemn atmosphere you see a small smile quirk at the corner of Billie's lips. The lips that, moments later, are being pressed onto your forehead, before you are once again pulled into the medium's embrace.

Exhaustion threatens to overtake you, but before you are able to drift off, you hear Billie speak once more. "Y/n, darling, I'm going to ask you about this again in the morning. You know you can tell me anything right?" Not trusting yourself to speak, you nod against her chest, and she hums in acknowledgement. Just as your eyes begin to close, you murmer "goodnight" into the woman's chest. You are already dozing off when you hear her response: "Goodnight sweetheart."

I know this is shorter than past chapters, but I am extremely tired and I need to sleep asap. Guys I promise that next chapter, stuff HAPPENS. Stay tuned:)