Gratitude ≫ Mudclaw x Female! BloodClan! Reader

Art: ClimbDraws

⚠️ Warnings ⚠️
• Gore
• Character death
• Murder
• Some angst

This is a request for RoseShadeWarriorCat.
Thank you for your support!

****

It was the early hours of the morning, and you were currently trudging after the rest of BloodClan as your belly snarled and groaned.
You were heading towards a place that Bone claimed was chock-full of rabbits and mice, plenty to feed an entire platoon of rogues, as he put it. Despite the painstakingly early hour Scourge had chosen to embark on this new mission, you were thrilled. You hadn't so much as caught a glimpse of food for the past several days, and the thought of a juicy rabbit or even a scrawny mouse made your mouth water.
A shoulder bumped lightly against yours, and you looked up to see Brick walking beside you.
"I can smell the fresh blood from here," He chuckled. "I can't wait to sink my teeth into one of those fat rabbits."

"Me too," You replied, your stomach snarling again. "Do you think those other clans will be there?"
I truth, you couldn't care less who showed up. BloodClan would kick their tails no matter what, so the thought of forest cats interrupting your escapade didn't bother you much.

"Doubt it," Brick replied, giving his matted pelt a shake. "Even if they do show up, we'll rip them to shreds. There's nothing to worry about."
You opened your jaws to reply, but quickly clamped them shut again as Scourge paused and turned to face his warriors.

"Be careful where you hunt," He meowed icily, narrowing his cold blue eyes and surveying each of you. "We don't want any trouble if we can help it, but if it comes to trouble, we will stand our ground. Is that clear?"
The entirety of BloodClan, including yourself, uttered "Yes, Scourge" in unison.
"Good." Scourge meowed coldly before turning and crossing the small stream that separated the abandoned street from the moor.

Brick snorted, casting a glance at you.
"He's in a great mood today."
You chuckled, twitching your whiskers in amusement. Your friend was right— Scourge was in a considerably better mood today than usual. Instead of clawing someone's ear for speaking out of turn or punishing someone for looking at him the wrong way, he was actually addressing his clan.

"Let's go," You meowed, nudging Brick with your shoulder. "Those rabbits won't catch themselves."
You leaped lightly across the babbling stream, landing effortlessly on the other side. Your clanmates found their way onto the moor one by one, and slowly, everyone began to spread out. You were halfway to a thicket of gorse bushes when a flicker of movement caught your eye. You tensed, holding as still as you possibly could. Sure enough, a plump brown rabbit hopped out of a burrow, standing on it's hind legs and sniffing the air, blissfully unaware of your presence.
You smirked, crouching low to the ground.
You're all mine.
Suddenly, there was a flash of brown fur, followed by a sharp squeal as your prey was stolen right in front of you.
Furious, you sprang back to your paws and curled your claws into the ground.
"That was my kill!" You growled. "Can't you see I'm starving to death?"

The cat who had killed the rabbit — a muscular, lean, brown tabby tom — stood up and turned to face you, the prey still gripped in his jaws. His amber eyes were dark, shadowed by something you could only describe as ambition.
"You're on WindClan territory, you foul-smelling rogue," He retorted, letting the rabbit fall to the ground. "You have a lot of nerve questioning me on this moor."