20.

How do you continue moving forward when something is holding you back so strongly? How can you ever be the same when such a big part of you is missing? I don't know

                   How do you continue moving forward when something is holding you back so strongly? How can you ever be the same when such a big part of you is missing? I don't know. I don't know how to get over the fact that Alexander is missing. I can't get over the fact that I have no clue where to start looking and no lead as to what could have happened the day he went missing.

It's my last week to enrol into a college. I should be focused on what I want to do with my future, but how can I, when there's so much more important things holding me back? Colton have said over and over again that Alexander wouldn't want me to put my life on hold and while I am certain that he's right, I can't help but wonder if he'd want me to forget about everything. Even if he'd want me to, I can't.

The night after I returned from the police station, Jasper came over to my house. He was devastated on my behalf that Alexander was missing, even more so that I didn't even tell him. He knows how much I love him, so he knows how much Alexander's absence is affecting me. I apologized about not telling him and explained how I mainly wanted to be left alone, thinking that Alexander left because I wasn't good enough and Jasper understood.

Like the wonderful friend he is, he's been here for me non-stop. Honestly, he basically moved in with me, spending only occasional nights at home when his mom requires him to. He even offered to help me find Alexander and he really has been going all out, thinking about different scenarios on what could have happened. I'm lucky that I've been surrounded by so many incredible people, who have been so supportive through everything.

"Tyla, I know you're grieving and no one wants to help you more than I do, but honey, you need to think about your future too. You can't keep sitting on the back burner, waiting until he comes home. Zander wouldn't want you to do this to yourself." Jasper explains as we lie on my couch, watching some action movie on the T.V. I get where he's coming from but what job could I possibly do that would allow me to focus all my attention on finding Alexander? I don't want to be distracted by some kind of job when his life could literally depend on me saving him.

And that's when it hits me like a ton of bricks. I know what job I want to do. The job I have to do. I know the perfect career. Sprinting as fast as I can to my bedroom, I quickly grab my laptop and start looking for the closest college that would offer what I want. When I find the school that suits me best, I rush over to my printer and print out the application forms.

"I know what I'm going to do Jasp. I know what I'm going to study." I say, feeling excited for the first time since Alexander's disappearance. He raises a questioning brow, clearly not understanding where my bursting enthusiasm is coming from all of the sudden.

"A detective. I'm going to become a detective." I say proudly, fully satisfied with my choice.

"That's brilliant Tyla! You've always loved solving mysteries and in that way you can use your newly acquired skills to help find Alexander." His excitement mimics mine. I know I made the right choice. I think as I start filling out the application. I have a fair amount of money that I have stored away for college funds which I can use to get me through with everything that I will be needing and thanks to Alexander, I don't have to move because this house is literally like 13 minutes away from the nearest academy.