Ch. 80: Agent

I grip the necklace that I got Nia and Angel's favorite shirt in my hand as I sit in their room, focusing only on them. I see flashes of trees and limbs, the night sky, and the moon. I gasp, opening my eyes as I look around.

I get up, rushing towards my door.

——

I'm rushing through the woods, looking around frantically for the two faces that mean the most to me. I don't see them anywhere, causing my worry to worsen.

"Nia! Angel!"

I listen out, wanting more than anything to hear them. I hear shuffling to my right, about ten feet away. I turn, walk over there, seeing a strand of hair poking out from behind a tree.

"Mama?"

"Nia?"

I rush forward, pulling her into a hug as I see her leaning against the tree, putting all her weigh on her non-broken leg. I look around, not seeing Angel anywhere as my worry returns.

"Where's your brother? Where's Angel?"

"He went to find help...I couldn't go anymore and he said to stay here..."

"Okay..." I bend down, picking her up gently as I look around. "Which way did he go?"

"That way..."

She points forward, towards the original way I was going. I secure her to my back before rushing off to find my son. I pick up a scent when I get about twenty feet away, going in the direction of the stream. I follow it, seeing a trail in the dirt and a broken branch at my waist level.

"Angel!"

I see a head pop up, brown hair everywhere as it moves in my direction. My heart skips a beat as I rush forward, pulling him into a hug as he grips me back. Nia cheers from my back, clapping as she smiles big.

I check him over, seeing a cut on his leg healing. They both are covered in dirt, leaves and twigs in their hair. I kiss Angel's head, grabbing his hand as I turn towards town.

"Let's get you both home..."

——

After I got them both cleaned up and fed, we all cuddled together, watching a movie on the couch until we all fall asleep. I'm glad I found them safe and sound.

——

After I drop the kids off at school, I drive to work to act normal for the next eight hours. I pull up to the school, seeing cops and detectives everywhere. I ignore them as I walk into the school, heading straight to my classroom. I see many students on edge as they get ready for the day, some even crying.

I look down, looking at my coffee as I walk towards my classroom.

——

After my sixth hour, I'm standing in the hallway watching all the kids pass. I see stiles and Lydia walk out of the office area, talking between each other. Just then, I hear a voice I hoped I never would hear again.

"Stilinski!"

I watch as my father walks up to Stiles, talking to him before dragging him into my down the hall. I follow behind, watching as they both go into my empty classroom. I narrow my eyes as the door shuts.

I storm forward, hearing my father speaking on the inside.

"Stiles, why am I getting the feeling that you know something that could help us find your dad?"

"If I did, why would I not tell you?"

"If It ment helping your dad why wouldn't you?"

"So you're asking me to tell you what I wouldn't not tell you?"

"First, I have no idea what you just said, second why don't you help me help you?"

I slam open the door, causing booth of them to jump as I glare at my father.

"Isn't against the law to question a minor without a parent or guardian present?"

"Anastasia?"

My dad's voice is breathless as he looks at me, mouth hanging open. I look at Stiles, nodding to the door as he looks at me. I roll my eyes at him before crossing my arms and speaking.

"Don't you have a chemistry test to take?"

"Right!"

He scrambles to get up, grabbing everything as I watch him. My dad stares at me as I ignore him for a moment, walking around the desk to sit down. My dad follows me with his eyes, surprise clear on his face.

"What're you doing?"

"Sitting at my desk...what are you doing? I have students waiting in the hall..."

He looks down at the name on the desk, seeing my first and last clearly shown. His eyes drift to the pictures on my desk, one of Nia and Angel with a giraffe. The other of Mom, Scott, and I at his championship game. He's in uniform while mom and I stand on both sides of him, smiling at the camera.

My dad stares at it for a moment before looking behind me, seeing two more photos on the wall next to my diploma. Noah and Stiles smile back at him next to a picture of me with students in Mexico.

I can see his jaw tighten as he sees Noah on the wall, taking the role of my father. I shuffle the papers on my desk as he looks back at me.

"Ana..."

"I'm sorry. That name is reserved for friends and family only. You may call me Ms. McCall, Agent."

He sighs, looking down as he rubs his head. He looks back up at me, pain clear in his eyes as he speaks.

"Ms. McCall...do you know anything about sheriff Stilinski's disappearance?"

"I haven't talked to Noah since yesterday morning. He was supposed to come to a recital I organized but told me he wouldn't be able to make it because of work...which I'm used to hearing from my father figures..."

I stare him down as he closes his eyes, exhaling before opening them again. He doesn't return eye contact as he flips through a list.

"What about Scott, Alison Argent, Issac Layhey, Ethan and Aiden-"

"I don't live with Scott so I can't tell you about him, but the rest didn't show up for class...that's all I can say."

He nods, closing his note pad before looking back up at me. I keep my eyes hard as I look at him with no emotion.

"Is that all?"

"Yeah....that will be all..."

He turns, walking out the door.

——

A/N

Agent asshole has joined the chat....

Drink water!!!!!!!!!!!

Love
-the Author