Chapter 26 - Photo Shoot

Him

It has been several days since the incident between us. Carla has been trying to avoid me like a plague. She has not been joining us for breakfast every morning. Whenever I arrive from work, either she's busy painting with Uncle Amir or she's spending time in the plantation farm with Mama Ava.

So, I made sure I woke up bright and early today. I waited patiently for her at the breakfast table on the patio. I knew she would sit down with us this morning because today is her swimsuit photoshoot. She is supposed to go with Mommy Lucy today to the venue of the pictorial, but I already have a plan.

Carla quietly approached the table, and I caught her stealing a quick glance at me. She greeted everyone "Good Morning" before sitting at the other end of the table. She is clearly avoiding me.

"Coffee?" I offered and brought the fresh pot of coffee to her without even waiting for her reply. I poured some on her mug, then pulled a chair and sat beside her. I could sense she was uneasy with that gesture. She didn't expect me to go all the way at the far end of the table to sit beside her.

All the while, I could feel Mommy Lucy eyeing my every move. Mama Ava was in the garden seriously talking to one of her business associates regarding an upcoming delivery to the farm.

"What do you like for breakfast?" I was about to get the fried rice and put some on her plate, but Carla shook her head.

"Thank you but I'll pass today. Coffee is fine with me. I already ate a protein bar." She said politely.

"Just a protein bar? You'll starve to death. You have a long day today. Isn't this your big day? It's your first photoshoot."

"That will be enough to keep me going. I have more protein bars in my bag in case I get hungry." She replied briefly.

"Oh, I know what you're trying to do. You're keeping that slim figure of yours. Come on Carla, even though you eat a big breakfast, you still have a flat tummy. You will look great in those photos for sure." I said encouragingly. She blushed at my remark.

'Come on, Santi. Give Carla some slack. She already said no. Just let her be." Mommy Lucy tried to save her, and she smiled politely at mom.

"So, what did I miss?" Mama Ava took a seat beside Mommy Lucy.

"Finally, we're complete at breakfast. I haven't seen Carla join us these past few days. Are you doing okay, Sweetheart?" Mama Ava asked her worriedly.

"I'm fine, Tita. Just staying up late because I'm finishing a painting for one of dad's clients. I barely can keep my eyes open in the morning." She replied smiling.

"Is Amir pushing you to do his commissioned paintings? By the way, did he already leave for his therapy?"

"Yes Tita. I showed him outside before Lando brought him to the Rehab Center. And no Tita, I love to do paintings. Like Dad, it's my passion. I enjoy doing it." Carla replied.

"Great. I'm glad you're not getting bored while staying here with us. By the way, did you tell Gavin you're not coming today to your dad's therapy? You have a big event today." Mama Ava teased her.

"I already texted him, Tita. He knows." Carla smiled.

"Is he already courting you?" Mama Ava continued to tease her. I heard Mommy Lucy clear her throat and glanced at me.

"No, Tita. Gavin and I are just friends." She said shyly.

"He better be quick or else he will lose his chance. Well, what time are you leaving for the photoshoot, Hon? I bet Carla is excited about it." Mama Ava turned towards Mommy Lucy, but I cut her off before she could reply.