Chapter 83: Seventh Year Christmas Part I

A/N: Happy Independence Day to all the Indians!!!!

⭑─⭒──⚝⚝──⭒─⭑

"We wish you a merry Christmas," Sirius sang quietly, rocking Siria in his arms. He looked expectantly at Regulus, who rolled his eyes.

"We wish you a merry Christmas," the young man sang, threading more popcorn on a string.

"We wish you a merry Christmas," Remus continued, hanging up a wreath. He turned to Severus, smirking.

"No," Severus said, glaring as he pulled apart some more tinsel to hang on the tree. "For a second year in a row, I somehow was convinced to take part in a sleepover to enhance teacher-student relations. I refuse to do anything cheerier than drink eggnog."

"Don't forget firewhisky," Dora said, holding up a bottle and smiling.

"Ooh, give me!" Hermione said, quickly doubling, then tripling it.

Severus glared at Sirius. "You had to teach her that spell."

"I don't think we'll ever have to buy alcohol again, so you should be thanking me," Sirius replied, rolling his eyes. Siria was finally asleep, so he placed her down in her bassinet. "I think I finally have this parenting thing down."

"I think you're full of it." The headmaster shook his head. "But that's neither here nor there. Can anyone recall how we ended up with another 'sleepover'?"

"Luna threatened to filibuster, I believe," Remus said, stretching. "She got the idea from Hermione. She had a few stories that included some details no one wanted aired out, so we all agreed."

"We need to find every single one of her hiding spots and place hexes on them," Regulus said, shaking his head.

"I dare you to try and find them all," Luna said, eyes shining.

Dora turned to her fiance. "I used to babysit that girl. She frightens me. How did I do it?"

"Dora, until a few years ago, you frightened me," Severus said with a shrug. "People change."

The metamorphmagus crossed her arms. "Are you saying I'm no longer fun?"

"Not one of those words came out of my mouth."

"Admit it: the only reason I frightened you was because I knew how to have fun."

"I never said that."

"Admit it. That's what you thought

The Potions Master threw his hands in the air in exasperation. "You knew how to blow up a potions classroom on a semi-regular basis. I wouldn't think anyone would find that fun."

"It is when you bet Charlie Weasley fifty knuts that you could get Professor Snape to stop droning on for five seconds," Dora said, smirking.

"I knew you did that on purpose!" Severus glared. "No one is so inept to trip while sitting still."

Sirius turned to his cousin. "Dumbledore bought that?"

"Dumbledore bought it, a metamorphmagus shaped like Dumbledore bought it..." Dora bobbed her head back and forth. "Something to that degree."

"Wait, where was Dumbledore?" Remus asked, brow furrowed.

"I had just told Charlie the story of Romeo and Juliet, and he was very intrigued with this one Slytherin girl, and they agreed to reenact the death scene in the courtyard..." Dora shrugged. "Apparently, Dumbledore was too impressed by their acting skills to care about the Draught of the Living Death they stole..."