Chapter 84: Seventh Year Christmas Part II ☾

A/N: Two Updates in a day!?!?!?Don't forget to read the previous chapter :)

⭑─⭒──⚝⚝──⭒─⭑

"How should we do this?" Hermione asked, pulling out some presents from Mount Giftmore.

"Why don't we start with stockings?" Sirius said, grabbing them from the fireplace.

"Yes, I agree." Severus sipped some eggnog. "I do believe that the gift unwrapping portion of our day may take a while."

"Who should start?" Draco asked, yanking his stocking from Sirius's hand.

"I believe we should go oldest to youngest." Remus gazed warily at the gifts. "I also feel the youngest might take some time."

"Oh, come now, Remmy," Annie said, yawning and snuggling up to him. "She's so cute and the main attraction anyway."

"Yes, but I would like to make it through Christmas before our child is walking."

"I do believe," Severus said, cutting off the couple's bickering, "that means Minerva goes first."

"Are you assuming my age?" the Transfiguration professor asked, crossing her arms.

"Seeing as you've been a professor since before any of us were born, I just figured…"

"She's messing with you, Snape," Regulus said, taking a scone from the dish Dora handed him. "Are these edible?"

"Mum baked them," the metamorphmagus replied. "So, probably."

"Where is Andy?" Narcissa asked, taking a scone herself.

"She's coming later. She said she wasn't interested in this year's Christmas tour of the headmaster's office and dressing drawers."

"And for that, I am eternally grateful," Severus mumbled.

Minerva smirked and reached into her stocking. Out came several soft-back books. Narcissa blushed when she caught sight of the pictures on the front.

"Well, I'll say…" Minerva's smile widened as she pulled out some whiskey. "Romance novels and liquor, this person knows me too well."

"And bath bombs?" Hermione's nose scrunched. "Professor, no offense, but you don't seem the type…"

"To enjoy a relaxing bath in the prefects' bathrooms?"

Dora cocked her head. "It's the prefect's bathrooms. Are professors allowed?"

"Oh, try and convince me you and Severus haven't rendezvoused there."

"It's the one place we haven't," she mumbled.

"And with that," Severus said quickly. "I believe it's Narcissa's turn."

"Wait! Doesn't she have to guess who it's from?" Harry asked, brow furrowed. "I thought the point was to try and guess who your Secret Santa was."

Sirius nodded. "Yes, but I do believe your headmaster was trying to move conversations away from his personal life, again…"

"Well, I do believe these are muggle romance novels," Minerva said, smiling. "And so that leaves three possible people. One just gave away that she wouldn't have bought bath bombs, and I do believe I just had a conversation with this person not too long ago about my love of this brand of whiskey…" She turned to Annie. "Thank you so much, Annabeth."

"You're welcome," Annie replied, nodding.

"Why don't we just have Annie go next and then whoever gave the gift goes next?" Neville asked. "No offense, but I don't want to get into a fight about Regulus's age or whether time traveling adds to or detracts from your current age."