Nine

Wednesday

"You must be Rue?" The woman smiled, though it wasn't kind. Her lips were tight and stained with red lipstick, her hair was a dyed dark blonde which was tied up into a long ponytail, to fit the flower theme, she wore a black dress with black floral lace embroidered from the bottom all the way to the top of the sleeves with a singular black Dehila pinned to the side of her ponytail. Her eyes were dull brown. Her tanned skin made her look more prettier than her personality.

I stared in shock, shaking my head, tears slowly brimming my eyes, "N-no."

Fuck. I stuttered.

"Well, Rue, I am Giovanni and the boy's mother, Vivianne." She paused looking me up and down in disgust.

I wanted to curl up and cry.

She rolled her eyes, "And you must be the bastards whore's child."

I flinched slightly at her tone, her cold eyes burning into skin. I felt itchy.

Breathe, Rue. Breathe.

"I would've loved to meet you yesterday." I winced as her nails slowly punctured my wrist, she kept a fake smile open to anyone looking at us.  I closed my eyelids, opening them meeting her cold intense gaze. "Unfortunately, Arlo and Bruno were adamant that I leave."

Breathe.

She rolled her eyes before darkly rolling her eyes, "And that Ralph," she spat his name out with venom, my eyes widened, my lip trembling as I noticed him walking up behind her, he seemed so happy to see her but as soon as he heard his name leave her mouth like that, he stopped in headlights a few feet away from her, just waiting for her to continue.

She didn't notice him.

"My, he was so pathetic as he told me that you were just upstairs. That idiotic, good for nothing, imbecile." She rolled her eyes, "He's useless honestly, yet he looked so proud when he told me. Out of all my sons, he really wanted my approval, I really despise of his existance." She laughed as if she told the funniest joke ever.

Ralph's face dropped. I imagined his heart did too. He looked down at the sandstones, and when he looked up we locked eyes, both with tears brimming in our eyes.

How dare she say that about her own son.

She was delusional.

She continued, bruises slowly forming on my arm, "His brothers were pissed, of course, Ralph was furious when they tried to stop me from getting to you. That bipolar cagna." (Bitch)

I hoped she stopped there, but she continued, "Those dickhead's father ruined my life, you know. But they always thought I was crazy, especially after I burnt down the harvest and flowers five years ago." She tutted, "That was their breaking point, I suppose, amongst other things. Feeble really, these villagers are so goddamn poor. Ha."

Ralph. Please help.

"And Bruno, that god damn arsehole. He really didn't want me any where near you." She firmed gripped my chin, with a snarl, "What's so special about you and not me?" Her gaze darkened as she smirked watching me as I whimpered.

Oh fuck. Ralph. Please.

Ralph... I know you hate me. But please, help me. I internally begged.

Where the fuck was the rest of our brothers? I tried to find them amongst the dancing crowd but due to my gaze no longer on their mother, Vivianne pulled my arm closer to her, quite painfully as well, jerking my attention towards her.