• Chapter 3 •

] Jax [

The store was huge with a lot of cool suits and dresses. I turn to look at Gillian and see her in awe. She looks stunning in anything she wears but I am curious as to what kind of dress she'll pick. I can picture her talking about how itchy dresses are and how they have too many sequins or are too long or too short. I chuckle at my thoughts. She's such an amazing person.

I can't picture my life without her. Hanging from the chandelier the day she first came to FTRS was one of the best choices I have ever made in my entire life. The others are asking her to be my girlfriend and the one I made long before that. The one I have thought about since I actually put it on paper. When I-

"Jax?!"

Kayla snaps me out of my thoughts. "Huh? What?"

I hear Gilly laugh before leaving with Maxine and AG to see the dresses. Kayla goes after them after shaking her head at me with a smirk. "What did I do?" I turn to Ollie who seems to have read my mind. "You were staring at Gilly and started drooling." My eyes widened and I immediately wiped my mouth which did in fact have some saliva coming out. Gross.

"Thanks for saving me the embarrassment, Ollie. Really appreciate it." I say sarcastically while rolling my eyes.

"Hey, I tried to snap you out of it but you were too into gawking at your girlfriend to care." He throws his arms up in defeat.

"Let's just find something to wear."

••••• Time Skip •••••

We got what we came for but neither Ollie or I know what the girls picked and vice versa. All of a sudden, I feel someone push by me and as soon as I step out of the store, I am blinded by flashes. I moved my free hand to my head and noticed my wig was missing. "How did it fall off"

"Prince Jaxon! What are your thoughts on your coronation?"

"When should we expect you to take place in the Royal Court?"

"How do you feel about your relationship with Gillian Cobbler?"

"Ok, now they're getting personal."

"What does it feel like to have a former criminal as a girlfriend?"

"Criminal?! Gilly was never a criminal! She was just trying to help her family!"

"There's a rumor saying you have been acting strange since you both started dating. Want to comment on that?"

"Acting strange?! What are they trying to say?!"

"Are you going to break up?"

"Break up?!"

"Would you say that you love her?"

"L-Love?!"

"When are you planning on proposing?"

"WHAT?!"

My mind feels like it's breaking in two with all the questions. I have to get out. I look around for my friends but they're gone. I see the reporters getting closer before I feel myself getting pulled out of the spotlight and into a dark alley. I look up to see a strangely familiar face but I can't say I recognize him.

"Thanks for that. Uh, do I know you?"

He grins and crosses his arms. "I doubt it. You could say I'm new here. We all are," he gestures to 6 people behind him who are with my friends. "I'm Evan Zachary, Zak for short." He puts his hand out for me to shake.

I nod and shake his hand. "I'm Jaxon, Jax for short." He chuckles. I look behind him and see two girls coming up to me. One of them had Zak's copper hair while the other had dirty blonde hair.

"Hey, I'm Evie, Zak's twin sister." That would explain the resemblance.

"And I'm their younger sister, Izzy." Says the other. Now that she was closer, I could tell she had light freckles spread around her cheeks and nose.

"Hi, nice to meet you."

The others come over along with my friends. They all looked familiar but I don't think I've ever seen them before. They all introduced themselves. There was a third girl whose name is Skylar, she has curly brown hair. There were two other guys, one is Dylan who has brown eyes, and the other is Ethan who has brownish red hair.

They all seemed to be very good friends just like my group.

"I think I saw them coming this way!"

More reporters. Great. I turn to our new acquaintances. "Thank you for saving us from the press but we should get going before they find us."

"They will probably be expecting us to go back to the school so we can go to my parent's castle." Suggests AG. We all agreed but before we left the alley, a voice stopped us.

"WAIT!"

We all turn around to see Dylan with wide eyes and reaching out with his left hand. He realized we were now looking at him for an explanation as to why he stopped us and straightened up. He clears his throat before speaking. "Ehem. Umm. So... could we go with you? I mean we didn't really plan our trip very well."

"Seriously Dylan? Throwing me under the bus?" Whispers Skylar as Izzy rolls her eyes. Dylan seems to be regretting his choice of words but Ethan steps up.

"What he means is, we didn't think it would be this hard to find somewhere to stay at. Since we're new here, we don't really know anyone and we would rather not sleep in the forest. So, we would really appreciate it if we could stay with you guys for a while." He says with a polite smile. He almost sounded like a royal.

"Huh, that was very polite. We don't get that very often nowadays." Mutters Gilly.

"Well I don't see why not but my parents would have to agree. They are a little bit strict." Explains AG. I could see Ethan's smile soften at her response.

Ollie looks both ways at the entrance of the alley. "Alright well, we should go right now while the coast is clear."

Skylar walks up to him. "Aye, aye captain!" She says while saluting. Ollie laughs at her demeanor.

"I see there's a pirate aboard this group. Let's go then."

We cautiously walked out of the alley and walked in the direction of Princess Belle's castle. It was really big to say the least. Of course it had to be since a lot of the castle was specifically for books. Apparently Belle had to turn her room into part of the library because she got a lot of new books in a trip to Wonderland. It took a lot of convincing from Prince Sebastian to stop her from traveling for a while so that their home wouldn't end up being Enchantasia's new library and leave them without a castle until a new one was built.

AG walks up to the set of light brown, wooden, front doors before knocking on the left side of the door. After a few seconds, the door opens to reveal the princess in a simple yet elegant navy blue dress with a silver belt accompanied by white and navy flats. She was holding a green book in her hand and was smiling warmly upon noticing us.

"Hello! What brings you all here on your free day? I thought you'd be spending time at the village."

"We got swarmed by paparazzi." I explain.

She gives an understanding look before speaking. "Ah, yes the fame you have accumulated since news of your relationship. Not to mention the important date coming up." She moves her gaze towards the people we met just a few minutes ago. "And who might you be?"

Stepping up, AG answers for them. "They saved us from the reporters. They don't have a place to stay since they're new around here and were wondering if they could possibly stay here."

"Well-"

"Who is staying?"