Two

Of coarse my Aunt Clare just had to visit the next day. And she made no effort to tone down her entrance.
As I stared observantly at the water and ate my lunch, a huge flamboyant "Hello" came booming from the door.
Aunt Clare was a rather chubby woman who prefered sewing her own clothes, which led her to wearing a bright orange dress today.
It took a lot of effort not to push her away as she pinched my cheeks and commented on how long she hadn't seen me for. Needless to say, she was the reason I always stayed with dad while mom come down. My Aunt was a complete and utter embarrassment, and everyone knew it. She was the type of person who wore flip flops and a tight jeans to a michaline star restaurant.
Today, during tea, she ate her chocolate cake with her mouth wide open.
"Lillianne, you've really been keeping well" She says and she sips her tea loudly.
"Thank you"
"You look just like my daughter, you know. Identical twins," she chuckles, "I trust you'll be coming for dinner tonight? "
I look at my mom, who nods slightly and rolls her eyes.
"Yes," I reply.
She then carries on talking to my mom about something or the other and I see my mom smile affectionately to her sister. It was that family smile, full of affection.

Later that afternoon I slip on a midnight blue summer dress and some nude pumps as I get ready for the 'dinner party'. My mom told me to make an effort. As I walk to the front of the house I sigh, I really needed to call my dad.
"Where's the car?" I ask my mom as she comes down in her stationary white top and baggy blue jeans. She laughs, and I then learn that a total of about 12 people in the whole Cove Beach own cars. Bicycle's serve as sufficient transport here.

I groan as I placed my bag in the bicycle basket and sit on the cold leather seat. This was mom's bicycle from when she was young.
"Just follow me" mom said, and I did. We rode pass a pier and along the sidewalk and paving, passing the cream sand and many beach shops, until we were in at the heart of 'Fishermans Place'.
'Fishermans Place' was a rather big area filled with shops, restaurant, a movie theater and a bicycle rental. The building were all made of a smooth black stone, and I kinda liked it.
My Aunt's apartment was on the second floor in an old building. The streets were buzzing with people trying to get to the beach while we were entering a rather old building. We parked our bicycles outside, not even chaining them to the stand.
The elevator wall was glass, and I could see the blue/orange sunset through there. As we got off the elevator, I immediately felt over-dressed. What was I thinking wearing a dress like this? Sure, it was knee length, but it wasn't really appropriate.
The hallway of the flat was pretty clean with white walls and a soft wooden floor. A few other resident here were leaving with their boards and bikini's.
My mother knocked three times and the door opened by a young year-probably the age of six- wearing a light pink dress.
"Aunt Mary! " The girl smiles and hugs my mom by the knees.

If it wasn't obvious before, I was definitely an outsider here. This wasn't even a small 'dinner party' but rather a fairly big party.
"Lillianne! "
I rolled my eyes internally, "Hello Aunt Clare"
"Oh darling," She squeezed me, "You have got to meet my daughter" "ELIZABETH! COME HERE! "
This causes a bit of attention toward us and my face heats up. People in their jeans and shirts look at us. Did I mention the butterfly top and white shorts my aunt was wearing?
A girl around my height walks up to us.
"Mommy, you don't have to scream"
She had brown hair,brown eyes and a small figure. Her hair was pixie cut and she wore a brown mini skirt and a white tank top.
My aunt laughed, "Lillianne, this is my daughter Elizabeth, Elizabeth, this is aunt Mary's daughter, Lillianne"
The girl smiled and held out her hand, "Call me Betty"
I shook her hand, but never say anything. My aunt "left us to it".
"So Lillianne, I've heard a lot about you."
"Really? " I asked in attempt to make conversation.
"Yeah, every time your mom's down, and my mom says your mom talks about you. But I'm so excited you're here, we can become the best of friends, right? "
"Right" I said, a bit blandly. My mom came our way, thank goodness. She gave my new cousin a side hug.
"Betty, could you do me a favor and show my girl around, maybe introduce her to some people "
"Sure, I could do that" Elizabeth said in return.
My mom abandoned me then.
"So, would you like to meet some of my friend?" she asked cheerfully. I shrugged lightly and she pulled me towards the balcony where a group of about five people were standing, leaning against the railing.
"Guys!" She calls and they all look at her, "This is Lillianne, the girl I was telling you about "
"Sexy thing! " A girl says, and my face heats up again.
And traditionally, I was then introduced to all five of them.

Billy "Male" - age 15- Bronze skin and Black Hair. Likes to make people laugh. Group Clown.

Sonnita "Female" -Age 16- Tan skin, Dyed Brown hair, green eyes. Loves sea creatures and the beach. The caring one.

Wade"Male"-Age 18- Red,Sunburnt skin, messy blond hair and a Tattoo of a whale on his right shoulder. Beach Boy.

Skie "Male"-Age 17- Chocolate Brown skin, curly hair and black eyes. Extreme Neat Freak. The Neat One.

Collin "Male" -Age 20- Pale Skin, Dark Green eyes and Bronze hair. Obviously the oldest in the group. Supposed Mature one.

And then of coarse it was Elizabeth.

Betty "Female" -Age 17 and a half- Tan skin, brown hair and eyes. My cousin. Life of the group.

And then it was time for me to introduce myself and I internally cringed.
"I'm Lillianne Hester, 16 and three quarters. I was born in a big city and I am defiantly a city girl. And as soon as I finish high school, I want to move to somewhere like New York"
Honest and too the point.
"You should hang with us,Billy says. And I did for about half an hour that night -Listening to them talk like best friends-, after which I said I was tired and sat on the couch for the rest of the one and a half hours.