𝄞 28 | Morning

Cool water soaked my body

Cool water soaked my body. I blinked back the sleep from my eyes. The view of LA through the big floor-to-ceiling window was vast. That pinkish sky meeting the dawn was stunning. Confused in the bathtub I drew my surroundings in fast as Asher cleaned my body. The sponge went over my tired legs, trailing up to my feet in his hands. He wrings out the sponge moving it up between my legs carefully. I hissed in pain at his touch. I was truly fucked out. Pusszy is DONE. Completely wrecked. A fucking mess of a woman. And if we fucked again, I was going to kill Asher and Asher Kells.

The water wasn't too hot or too cold. Perfectly cool for my feverish skin from the night's activities. The day had finally crested the horizon, and the night was over. The twinkle lights of LA replace the Hollywood sign that could be seen just in the distance. And of course, my Asher buys a house that hangs off the hills. And that house faces the sign so in the daytime from his bedroom or bathroom he could see it when the sun rose. Even as he bathed my overworked body in the most intimate ways, I couldn't help but smile at the sign in the distance. It didn't stop me from thinking about the little boy who rode the bus and his bike to get to the back of that sign. Another lost Angel dreaming of what he could make himself. One so desperate to become something. And the man in front of me with a sponge in his hands, did become something against the odds.

I lean my head back in the bath, helpless to his silent soft touch. My eyes closed, shutting out as much as I could but his rough soapy hands. If I was honest I didn't want to talk, too much had happened. Thinking about how much I hate Paulie and Tucker wouldn't fix that. I was crying out so no matter how much I wanted to destroy those assholes I couldn't I didn't have the power yet. It did make me wonder who was really the caged bird between us. Me with my feelings for Asher, or him still having to be around the men who abused a child. More things that had to be thought about and more questions without answers.

A/n: Finally get to leave a slightly longer author's note. I didn't want to slow down the flow by putting something big. We are coming to the end of the book. As a dyslexic author, my main readers know what that means. Edits, and since I'm trying to finish this on deadline. Fixing all those edits means that there might be problems I miss.  If you see something say something. Don't be afraid to reread once I start pushing out those edits. It helps a ton. I think this is probably going to be one of my better readable books. What did you think of the sex addiction, did anyone see that coming? Thought it was going to be booze right?