Part 6

Happy Independence Day.

Thanks to all for voting and commenting.

Omkara watches as Gauri checked out the sarees. Gauri turns to him and smiles at him happily and he just couldn't help but smile back. Gauri goes back to looking at the sarees. Then sighing she comes near him worried.

"All these sarees are so expensive." Gauri whispers to him.

"This is a designer boutique, Gauri."

"Day light robbers are what they are." Gauri tells him.

"Did you like any saree in here?" Omkara asks her irritated.

"All the sarees are beautiful but too expensive."

"Just pick the one you like the best."

"No. they are expensive." Gauri says stubbornly.

"Stop irritating me and take one."

"We'll buy from another shop, Omkara. Reasonable priced one."

"Are you going to pick one?" Omkara asks her pissed.

"No."

Furiously Omkara walks to the girl who was attending Gauri, "Show me something that would suit her."

"As I was telling her, sir these two would look gorgeous on her." she says as she shows him two sarees.

Omkara looks at the saree and says, "Pack the yellow."

"Anything else, sir?"

"You can buy 20 sarees for that money and still have money for pani puri and auto to get back home." Gauri whispers to him in his ears.

"No." Omkara says and was about to turn when he spots a black saree. "Pack that too."

"Who is that for?" Gauri asks frowning suddenly the price no longer an issue. She was jealous that he was buying a saree for someone else.

"For my mother." Omkara says sarcastically.

"For your mother?" Gauri asks smiling happily. "That is so sweet of you."

Omkara looks at her in shock realizing that she truly did believe it. Omkara shakes his head and proceeds to pay the bill.

Omkara decides to drop Gauri at the apartment and go to office when Gauri asks him, "Are you hungry yet?"

"Are you?"

Gauri nods her head.

"Okay... we'll eat from the food court." Omkara tells her and they go to the food court.

"What do you want to eat?" Omkara asks her.

"Anything." Gauri tells him.

"Just say something, Gauri."

"Anything is fine with me. I am not fussy like someone." Gauri tells him with a teasing smile.

"I am not fussy." Omkara tells her offended.

"You are." Gauri tells him as she held his hand and walked around looking at the stalls to see what to eat.

Omkara looks at her in shock as she held his hand and lead the way very authoritatively. He should reprimand her for this but then he was glad she had stopped hesitating before touching him and he didn't want to go back to that phase again.

"How is Thai food?"

"Good."

"What kind of food are they?"