Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Not knowing that the fetch is still mimicking her to the best of its ability, Marianne repeatedly says, "I forgive you mummy, I forgive you." While she watches her mother remove the helmet and blindfold. Silently, Morgana sits down beside Marianne and pulls her into a hug.

"What's going to happen to my mum?"

Softly Morgana says, "I don't know, that's up to the courts to decide."

On the other side of the portal, one of the police officers says, "She's going to be arrested and interviewed once her back has been treated. After that I don't know, it depends on her testimony."

As soon as its hands are free, the Fetch hugs Kate.

Morgana looks down at Marianne sadly, "Once the fetch is out of the chair, I'm going to have to switch you back. I'll lessen the effect of the magic I'm using to supress your pain, as you need to be able to describe it."

Marianne nods, "I understand."

For Marianne it's an odd sensation going from one place to another, and it causes her to sag in her mother's arms. Only a couple of policemen catching them both stops her from landing back on the chair.

While they're being escorted out, one of the police officers asks, "Is there anything you can tell us that would be useful to our investigation?"

Kate nods, "Yes, there is a hidden bookshelf behind the bookshelf in the vestibule. It has the records of all the trials they've held here. I also hid Marianne's journal under my bra strap so that Shaun wouldn't destroy it."

"How do you know about that bookshelf?"

"I had to clean the basement and the vestibule after they had a trial."

"Why didn't you report this to the police?"

"I didn't want to end up in that chair again."

"Sir, I think she is going to need psychiatric evaluation."

"See to it that it gets noted."

As Marianne and Kate exit the church supporting each other there's a flash of light from a camera. Off to one side there's a camera crew just setting up, and in the field down the hill is a helicopter. The police gently guide the two down to the helicopter, where a paramedic sees to their wounds. The church basement having been deemed to be too dangerous for non-urgent care. Passively, Kate allows them to treat her hands and back at the same time as the police officer reads her her rights and handcuffs her hands together in front of her even as the helicopter takes them to Edinburgh for treatment.

═══════ ೋღ ֍ ღೋ ═══════

Ephis flutters out of the mist by Harry, "You'll never guess what I found. There's a massive three headed dog in a classroom on the third floor."

"Ephi," Harry says impatiently, "is Marianne ok?"

Ephis shrugs, "I don't know, The Great Queen looked really angry just before she burst apart into crows."

Harry noticeably relaxes somewhat, though he still keeps an eye on the entrance for some indication of when he can leave. Daphne, on the other hand, furrows her brow, "What was that about a dog?"

Ephis flutters over and sits in the air, "When I got back, the last of the teachers were leaving the great hall. I was about to find Harry when garlic breath got up off the floor and left the great hall. So I thought it was strange and followed him." As she continues, she starts to mime out her actions, "However, he was keeping an eye out around him, so I had to be sneaky. First of all, it was just hiding behind corners, but then he got to the main staircase and I had to hide behind the little pillars. When he got off at the 3rd floor, the stairs moved so I had to jump from the stairs to the corridor. I thought I'd lost him, but then there was a massive growl, bark, bark, Arrrgh! And I hurried down to the sound and saw garlic breath running down the corridor while greasy hair stumbled out of the door, blood dripping from his leg. Quickly I hid in the ceiling, and once he left I looked inside the door. It's soo cute and fluffy, even if it's bigger than an adult."