One

April 2012

Today's the day I start filming Chicago Fire. At 14 years old,  this is literally a dream come true, to be working in America. After only having some small roles on British Television, I really hope I have a big impact on American TV. 

Walking onto the set, my nerves are all over the place but today is the day, I meet the rest of the cast, as I was joining them late. As I walk onto the set I was greeted by the director. 

"Hi, you must be Madeline. My name is Jeffery. Are you ready to meet the rest of the cast?" the director asks

"Yes I'm ready just a little bit nervous" I replied 

"There's nothing to be nervous about. They are a lovely bunch of people, who you'll get along with" Jeffery told me and I nodded in response. We walked a little further up the pathway into what is known as Firehouse 51, where a crowd of people were gathered around each other and then the director spoke up. 

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I would like you all to meet Madeline Holland, who will be playing Freya Severide in the show. Please make her feel welcome. We will start filming in 30 minutes" Jeffery told to a group of people before walking off, leaving me standing there before one of the cast walks up to me. 

"Hi Madeline, I'm Taylor. I play Kelly, your brother on the show" Taylor told me. 

"Hello. Sorry. Just a bit nervous, that's all. But you can call me Maddie" I replied 

"Don't worry Maddie. It's alright to be nervous" Taylor responded, just as a few more cast members walked up to us.

"Hi, I'm Monica. This is Lauren and Jesse" Monica said to me and I just wave in response. 

"So Maddie, tell us a little bit about yourself," Jesse asks

"Okay. My name is Madeline Nicole Holland, I'm 14 years old. I'm from London. I have one older brother and three younger brothers. My birthday is 26th September.  I've been acting since I was 9 years old. I've had some small roles on British television and I've been in three movies, but I've always wanted to be on American TV. My dream is to be in a movie with my all-time favourite actor Tom Cruise. I was in the West End show Billy Elliot with my older brother, as we did Ballet and Dance classes together growing up. My older brother is also an actor. My dad is an author and comedian and my mum is a photographer" I told my new cast mates. 

We spend the next half an hour getting to know each other and having a laugh before we are called to get into position to start filming. With everyone now in position, we are all just waiting for the director to shout action. 

"And..... ACTION"

Walking up the apron of the firehouse was Freya Severide. She always heads to the firehouse after school, due to her older brother being her legal guardian, since her mother didn't want her and her father left her. As she enters the firehouse, she has caught the attention of her brother's best friend Andy Darden. 

"Hey Mini Severide, you alright?" Darden asks 

"I'm fine Andy, school was boring as normal. Pretty much got the blame for everything today. I swear it was pick on Freya day today. But anyhow, is my brother in his office or in the common room?" Freya said to Darden 

"In the common room. Come on we'll walk there together" Andy said to Freya with a smile, which made her smile and they both start walking towards the common room and when they get there Andy decided to shout.