Bar Time Blues

"You know, you're pretty unlucky." She laughed heartily as she helped the strange man up from the ground. He had blond hair and tired eyes that told a story.

"Well, I guess you're pretty lucky to have met me!" She joked trying to ease his embarrassment as best she could. A light blush played on his cheeks accentuating his pale skin.

"How about you just buy me a drink as an apology for tripping the both of us?" She offered noting how attractive the youngish looking man was.

"I can do that..." He finally replied with a gentle grin. A grin that made something stir in her heart.

"What do you drink?" He asked sitting in the barstool he previously had fallen off of. He was extra careful this time.

"Um... I'm not to picky, how about a double shot of whiskey. Neat." She ordered the same drink she had before.

"And the usual?" The man behind the bar asked nodding his head at the blond.

"Yeah..." He seemed more embarrassed than before for some reason. The bartender began making the drinks.

"I don't think I caught your name." She smiled.

"Rosinante."

"It's nice to meet you, Rosinante. My name's (y/n)." She stuck her hand out to him just as the drinks came out. He quickly shook her hand before picking up his fruity looking drink.

"Not a fan of straight liquor?" She asked teasingly in an attempt to make conversation with the quiet male.

"Not particularly a fan of it no." He chuckled loosely. He seemed more laid back than before.

"Well, regardless, let's get to know eachother better, Rosinante!" She smiled brightly before finishing her drink. "What do you do for work?" She asked propping her elbow up on the bar.

"Oh I'm a Lieutenant in the Navy for the base on this island. " He seemed pretty confident with that answer.

"Oh! That's pretty cool..." she didn't want to sound disinterested, but she didn't particularly like the navy.

"Well, I don't do anything like that. I'm a school teacher for the island school." She played with her fingers nervously.

"Another round of drinks." Rosinante told the bartender before looking back at the woman infront of him.

"Well, kids need teachers to learn from." He smiled lightly playing with his empty drink. "Afterall, where would the world end up if we didn't know about the past?"

The rest of the night was full of laughter and drinks. The two continued to get to know one another better and enjoyed every moment of it.

"Well, I guess I am pretty cool." He joked snapping his fingers to make the world around them quiet. He was pretty cocky once he had a few drinks in him.

"Devil fruit?" She asked with a smirk.

"Calm-Calm fruit. " He replied cheerily.

"Well, that would probably be cooler if I didn't have one myself she giggled at his saddened expression. "I ate the luck-luck fruit. It pretty much just made me extremely lucky." She explained unsure of how to show him.

"Then I guess if I stick around you, my awful badluck should turn around right?" He asked drawing circles on the top of her hand.

"It seems it already has if you've met me." She replied with a faint blush on her cheeks.

"I have school tomorrow, I should be headed home." She just noticed how dark it was outside the bar.

"I'll walk you home since I kept you out so late." He offered feeling a little guilty.

"Alright, but only since I've had a few drinks." She replied hoping off of the barstool.

He expected to fall again, but he landed flat on his feet. A first for him. The both continued out the door and into the cool night air.

"It's a nice night tonight." She breathed in a deep breath enjoying the faint scent of salt in the air.

"We should get going now. It's probably about midnight or so." She sighed knowing how tired she would be tomorrow.

"You leas the way." The extremely tall man gestured infront of her agreeing.

"It's not that far..." She thaught for a minute trying to remember the way home. "Well, let's go." She began guiding Rosinante towards her home. It was infact a little ways away.

"I had a lot of fun tonight. " She smiled swaying back and forth on the last step to her house.

"Me too." He replied red in the face. "I'll pick you up next Friday?" He asked a step below her.

"I'd like that..." that was all he needed to hear before he left.

She smiled to herself as she closed the door behind her. "Yes!" She cheered happily stomping her feet enthusiastic for the week to be over.

"Yes!" He heard her cheer from the other side of the door as he began walking away and home. He shook his head with a smile as he walked.

"For a man as unlucky as me, I sure did find a little luck today." He stated to no one in particular.

"Oh! I didn't expect to find you all the way out here!" Sengoku laughed loudly putting his arm around Rosinante.

Rosinante just internally facepalmed. "You know I'm 19 right?" He questioned looking at the older man. "I think it's okay for me to go to a bar and find a nice lady." He stated sternly. "Don't follow me."

"I know... I just remember when you when you where eight years old. You just grew up to fast..." the man huffed loudly trying not to get all sappy.

"I really wasn't following you this time! Your mom sent me out of the house so she could clean!" The old man argued putting his hands up in his defense.

"Let's just get home and eat some dinner." Rosinante shook his head in annoyance before falling flat on his ass.

.
.
.

Sleep well! Don't forget your medications! Make sure you've had a glass of water and eaten!