Death Isn't The End

The months continued to fly by without Rosinante, and sometimes she figured it would have just been easier if the two had never met to begin with.

For some reason, a genetic disease of some kind appeared to have been to much for (y/n), and she wasn't doing so good and she knew it. She just hoped to be around for her daughter.

"Mom... you don't look so good." The 9 year old frowned as she tried to support her mom's weight. She knew something was wrong but not what.

"Wait here, I'll go find grandma or grandpa!" And without another word, the young girl ran off to find help.

"Grandpa!" She yelled running towards the house not to far down the road. "Grandma!" Fortunately, it was the one day of the week Sengoku didn't have to work.

"What is it, Belle?!" He asked rushing towards her. She was paler than usual and panicked.

"It's mom! She's not doing so good!" She tried not to cry as she explained the situation to her grandfather.

"Go find your grandma!" He yelled running off towards the home she had once shared with their son.

He ran as fast as he could in a panic. He had no clue she was in such bad condition. He kicked the door open and rushed towards his daughter-in-law who was seizing on the floor. He wasn't medical trained for anything.

He rolled her on his side, the only thing he knew he was supposed to do. All he could do was hope his wife would make it in time.

"Oh my god!" His wife yelled as she rushed towards the unconscious unmoving woman on the floor infront of her.

She quickly checked the pulse but there was nothing. "Sengoku... I don't think she's gonna come back around." She whispered starting compressions. "You need to bring her up to your work and sit her with garp or something."she stated sternly glancing at the traumatized girl standing in the doorway of her home.

"Please... you can't let your daughter become an orphan!" She begged as she preformed CPR.

Within 10 minutes seconds a medical team was in the home trying to resuscitate her. Unfortunately, they had no success.

"We are sorry ma'am, she's gone." She frowned looking down at the floor. "I've failed you both..." She couldn't stop the tears.

She walked her way to the navy base on the island to tell her husband the news on her own.

"I've failed you, Belle."

She was instantly let in by the marines on watch when they realized who she was. She ignored their hellows and greetings and made a B line for her husband's office.

When she opened the door, all eyes where on her. "Garp... can you take her out of here?" She asked sniffling.

He simply nodded and guided the girl out of the room to let the husband and while talk.

"She's gone." She stated sternly.

"Then we-" she quickly cut him off.

"No. She can't stay here. It isn't Safe for her. With both her parents being dead, she's an orphan. You aren't home enough to watch her, and I'm old. I'm not built like you are. I love her as much as you do, but we aren't in a position to take care of a child." She stated holding back tears.

"Then-"

"No! We are sending her somewhere safe. Somewhere she won't have to worry about pirates or marines." She stated sternly pulling on his shirt.

"Ask garp to send her somewhere safe... somewhere he trusts..." sengoku wanted to fight her on the matter, but he knew she was right.

He reluctantly complied.

"Tell him to do it. I won't be apart of this. Please leave me alone to grieve." He sighed pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Yes sir." She stated with a bow before going back to find garp. "Belle, why don't you go sit with grandpa?" She stated as soon as she found the open door. The little girl thankfully complied.

As soon as she knew the girl was out of ear shot, she closed the door gently. "Garp, me and sengoku feel it would be best if we sent her somewhere else." She stated looking him dead in the eyes.

"Are you-"

"Yes. I'm sure." She stated sternly. "I'm not doing this because I want to, I'm doing it because I have to in order to keep the last piece I have of my son safe."

"Then I will. I'll send her to an island I know she will thrive at." He stated nodding at the woman. "I'll make arrangements imidately. We should be able to set sail by tomorrow morning."

Without another word, she left the room.

And the next day they did set sail. "Uncle garp, where are we going?"

"Somewhere your dad asked me to take you until he can come home."

"Why can't I stay with mom?"

"She passed away."

"Oh..." She saddened remembering. "Why can't I just stay with grandma and grandpa?" She asked.

"It isn't safe for you to stay on that island."

"But why?"

"Because your uncle might know about you and come for you."

"My uncle Doffy?"

Garp looked at her stunned for a moment. He didn't know she knew about him.

"How do you know about him?" He asked sternly.

"I read about him in some old paper work I found in grandpa's desk. Why? Am I not supposed to? Is he a bad man?" She continued to ask questions.

"He was a part of your dad's mission. He is a part of your dad's mission." Garp quickly corrected himself.

"Oh... can I have a snack?" Garp was thankful the questioning was over.

"There's a boy on that island. His names Ace. I hope you two will get along." He smiled as he handed her a bag of corn puffs.

"How old is he?" She asked munching on her snack.

"He's about your age, maybe a year or so younger." He replied cheerily.

"Well, hopefully I get along with this Ace boy."

.
.
.

Sleep well! Don't forget your medications! Make sure you've had a glass of water and eaten!