1

Dream woke up the sound of his alarm. The deafening noise rang through his earbuds. He fell asleep listening to music again, which, as pleasant as it is in the moment, waking up to his alarm was absolutely horrid.

He tugged the earbuds out of his ears, pulling them so his phone would sit closer. Dream threw his arm over his eyes, shutting off the alarm without sitting up. With an annoyed groan, he begrudgingly rubbed his eyes and stretched. He felt like shit. Maybe because he stayed up so late, but he'd probably feel like shit regardless of how much sleep he got.

"Fuck..." He sat up with a yawn and swung his legs over the side. He always figured if he stood up quickly and got it over with he would wake up enough to not want to go back to sleep. Black spots filled his vision as he stood. He stumbled slightly before regaining his composure and shuffling over to his closet.

Dream didn't get the chance to shower the day before, so he should probably take a quick one before school. Thinking back, he also didn't eat dinner. Unless, that is, you count a granola bar at 3:00 pm as dinner.

He grabbed a random outfit from his closet and headed to the bathroom, not locking the door. He started the water and stripped, putting his hand under to test the temperature. It usually took a while for the water to get warm and he didn't have much time, so he ended up taking a cold shower. That certainly helped wake him up.

He didn't bother brushing his teeth, he was already running late. He buttoned his jeans as he walked out of the bathroom, sweatshirt tied around his waist. He didn't grab an actual shirt, but there was nobody home to say anything about it anyways.

Dream threw on a plain white t-shirt and stuffed his phone in his pocket, forgetting the earbuds and slinging his bag over his shoulder. He slipped his shoes on and sped out the door, locking it behind him. He didn't have time for breakfast, so he'd have to hold off until lunch, but that wouldn't be the first time.

Luckily, he lived close enough to the school to walk there and still make it on time. This is good because he doesn't have any other way to get there besides maybe the bus.

He walked up three minutes before the bell rang, spotting his group in the same spot they usually stand. Dream waved as he caught Sapnap's eye, who immediately hit George on the back and pointed at him, "Whoooo! There he is!"

"Uh- hi?" Dream paused sheepishly, his steps stuttering slightly, not expecting everyone to suddenly turn to him.

Karl greets him with a hug, "Hello!", his voice is muffled by the crook of Dream's neck, where he tucked his head away.

"Happy birthday!" Tommy slapped his shoulder aggressively the second Karl removed himself.

Sapnap turned to him, "WHat? I wanted to be the first to say it!", he complained, crossing his arms.

Tommy stuck out his tongue, blowing a raspberry and pushing Sapnap away, "Maybe you shoulda said it faster then!"

"Piss off!"

"Really? Fighting already? On Dream's birthday?" George rolled his eyes, scoffing at the two, "God, you are insufferable."

Sapnap gasped, facing Dream and clinging to him comedically, somewhat akin to the way a koala would latch onto a tree branch, "No, I'm sorry Dream!"

"It's... it's okay?" Dream looked to the ground, thinking.

"Is something wrong?"

Yes, yes something is wrong. He forgot his own birthday. Who does that? It's supposed to be such a special day.

Dream looked up again, waving it off, "Ah- it's kind of silly, really." He didn't want to bring it up, afraid to upset them. They all seemed so excited. It was kind of weird how they all remembered his birthday but he forgot.