Chapter 5

(Listen to the song? I dunno anymore, bro-)

Dani's POV:

I woke up early the next morning and ventured to my kitchen. I had forgotten that Jake had stayed over last night, so I had gotten startled from when he appeared under the blanket I covered him with last night.

"Oh, good morning, Dani..." Jake yawned.

"Morning..!" I lightly smiled.

"Did you make me breakfast?"

"I'm not your servant!" I playful hit him.

"Ow, that actually hurt..." he frowned.

"I lightly hit you, you're weak..." I crossed my arms. He stared me down. "Wanna go to a coffee shop? You can ask for food there..!" I smirked down at him.

"Oh, yeah..!" He quickly sat up. "Let's go!"
- - - - - - - - - - - -
We went to the coffee shop by my house. Once we got inside, Jake turned to me.

"What do you want, Dani? I'll order and you can find us a table to sit at!" Jake smiled.

"Oh! Thanks..! Um... I'll get... black coffee..!" I smiled at him. His eyes widened.

"I wouldn't have thought of you as the "strong coffee type of girl..!"" Jake then started walking to the counter to order coffee. I decided to sit in a corner by a window to look outside while I waited for Jake. The sunlight making its way to the flowers from outside the window was very beautiful, intriguing to stare at. It gave me a sense of belonging. It's like I belong with the flowers.

"Dani!" Jake snapped me out of my "daydream."

"Oh! Sorry..!" I laughed nervously. Jake gave my coffee to me. I took a sip.

"It's okay..!" Jake sat down with his caramel macchiato and a sausage, chedder, and egg breakfast sandwich. "Are you sure you don't want breakfast from here?"

"You never asked me for anything... but it's fine..!" I took a longer sip of my coffee this time. "Why'd you come to Canada?"

"I'm not gonna hang out with some young sad guys crying about things they can't control..!" Jake took a bite of his sandwich.

"Yeah, of course... because you're not one..."

"What are you talking about..? I'm old..! I'm... 72..!" I laughed at Jake's joke.

"I'm not ready for 2060, Jake..." I rolled my eyes playfully.