chapter one

vance's pov

i hate him. i hate his straight white teeth and his perfect smile and his pretty hair and his flawless figure. i hate him. but i love him.

i see him around school a lot, and by a lot i mean the times that i do show up. he's always smiling or laughing or talking to some girls or whatever the hell he does. i can't help but notice how pretty he is though.

the way he walks , he carries himself with such confidence it almost makes me mad. i've talked to him once or twice but only to ask for a pencil or the answer to a question , which he always gives. he's so smart. i don't know how he does it , he's not fucked up like everybody else , at least i don't think so.

just as i was thinking about the boy , i remembered the asshole i was going to fight after school. that bitch , he messed me up at the arcade- bet that if i won he'd give me a 20 , he ended up cheating me and messed me up. bitch owes me my goddamn money. i would've won fair and square if he didn't pull his little trick.

i got angry then just thinking about it , but then i looked at bruce again. he was just in the row to my right , one seat ahead of mine. i could only see the side of his face but i could just imagine how beautiful the rest of it was. the bell rang as i stared at him , i got up in a swift motion and left right behind him. once we got to the hallway and everyone was rushing out of the building i sped past him catching his attention as i accidentally bumped his shoulder. i looked back for a second and he was looking at me , i couldn't think about that though- i had someone to beat up.

" hey! westley! " i yelled after that bitch visibly angry , catching the attention of everybody around as my voice carried through the crowd of kids. everybody knew what was about to go down. that smug son of a bitch turned around and gave me a look of defiance. " give me my goddamn money you coward. "

" or what? " , at this point everybody was gathered around , now i had to make a scene- stand my ground. " i'll smack that grin so hard off your face you won't even feel it anymore."

that asshole just laughed at me. was he mocking me? does he know who i am? i'm vance fucking hopper and in that moment i swore he was going to remember that as i swung my fist right into his fucking head with all the force i had.

bruce's pov

vance was walking fast as usual , he always acts like he had places to be. when he passed me he bumped me on my shoulder with brute force it felt like. when i looked up at him he was looking back at me still while walking at a fast pace , but only for a second.

" that was weird " i had thought. why'd he look back? i don't know why he would care that he had just bumped pass me , he does that to people all the time. for a second i thought that he was going to beat me up. maybe for saying something to him? i don't even speak to him , not that i'm that scared of him i just never had a reason to.

when i got out the same door he had exited i saw people gathered around in a big huddle. that only meant one thing. damn vance getting into a fight again , maybe that's why he was walking so fast. once i had gotten over to all the ruckus i heard him , " i'll smack that grin so hard off your face you won't even feel it anymore. "

damn. it was that one guy westley , a dick he is. deep down i was hoping vance would beat the shit out of him , a bad thing to hope on someone but westley? he deserves it. that douchebag laughed at vance after he said that. i couldn't help but feel the slightest bit angry for vance , but then again i also felt bad for westley. he has no idea who he had just mocked.

as if i had just spoken of the devil , vance swung at him with a powerful force. the crowd surrounding was cheering and yelling as they usually do. i stayed quiet though , just watching as vance had westley on the ground and holding the hem of his shirt with his left hand and repeatedly punching his face with his right.

" give me my goddamn money you asshole ! " vance shouted at him as he pulled him up to his feet , still having a strong grip on his shirt. westley was bleeding all over his face. that should teach him not to mess with vance hopper.

" fine.. " westley weakly mumbled as he reached into his back pocket , still being held to vance's face getting a good look at the winded back arm vance was proposing , ready to swing at his face again. he pulled out the 20 bucks and shakily handed it to vance who then let his arm down to snatch it from him and let go of his grip , dropping him to the ground.

" next time you think about cheating my game , i hope you have another 20 on you. don't fuck with me again. " vance spat at him on the ground and looked up , seeing the crowd that was gasping at his previous actions. he shoved his way through and left the scene.