Chapter 52- Ara

Clean up your mess- Tobi.

Jibril and I make our way to the backyard with the balloons and gifts in our hands. It was fun shopping with him although he's become a bit more reserved. I wonder what's up.

"Welcome o," Travis greets us from the kitchen. He's slanted, resting on the kitchen sink, plate of Cheetos in his hands.

"Are you two done?" Jibril asks. He heads over to where Travis is standing and takes one of his Cheetos.

"Faith didn't let me rest until we finished," Travis laughs.

"Where is she?" I ask.

"Outside."

I make my way outside and find her watching a bird intensely.

"Hey, I got some chocolates for you," I say. She jumps on her seat, startled.

"Oh, you're back," she gives me a tight smile.

"Yup. Here you go," I hand her two bars of Mars chocolate.

"Thanks. Do you guys still need us to help?" She asks.

"Not really, I'll just place the balloons. Thank you for agreeing to help."

"There's no need to thank me. Osas is my friend, I'll always be ready to help her." She stands up from her seat and turns to face me.

"I wanted to straighten things out with you," I start before she can walk away. "I know we've not been good friends and I didn't really like you. For no good reason if I must add. I've been rude to you on many occasions and I'm sorry. I really am."

She gives me a tilted smile. "It's alright Ara. I figured you were sorry a long time ago."

"And that thing with Alex-"

"It's fine. You and Alex are happy with each other and I'm happy as well. It was just a crush." Her eyes look past me for a moment but refocus nearly immediately.

"So can we start from scratch?" I extend my hand.

"Definitely," she presses hers against mine. Faith surprises me and pulls me into a bear hug. When she breaks the hug she sends me a warm smile.

Did I mention how good it is to make peace with people?

It's hella good.

••••

I sit on the dining chair, mentally beating myself up as I play this week's Sudoku at the back of the newspaper. Tobi and mummy are sitting on the couch watching TV. My house is relatively peaceful.

"I was thinking that we should go for vacation?" Mummy says suddenly.

"To where?" I perk up.

"Dubai?" Tobi suggests. She was probably reading mummy's mind because she nods enthusiastically.

"When will we go?" I ask.

"After your exams this term. Make sure you do well or else I'll leave you behind with your uncle," mummy threatens.

"Yes ma," I salute her.

"What are you doing?" Tobi asks me.

"Sudoku."

"Come with me let's go pick out clothes," she gets up from the couch.

"Clothes for what?"

"The vacation nau!"

"But that's like two or three weeks from now."

"Exactly, now come." She grabs my hand and leads me upstairs. Mid climb she stops and looks at me.

"You good?"

I pause.

"Never been better."