2 - dr edwin jenner

you stand there in shock. "come to the back", shane says as everyone cocks there guns, just in case. "hello", rick says, "hello", he repeats as everyone makes there way in. "whats for walkers", tdog says. "hello", rick says for the third time. everyone looks to the one man standing in the corner. "anybody infected", the man says. "one of our group was, he didnt make it", rick exclaims. "why are you here, what do you want", he says coming closer to us. "a chance", rick says to the strange man. "thats asking an awful lot these days", he says coming even closer. "i know", rick says, breathing heavily.

"you all submit to a blood test, thats the price of admittion", the man says. "we can do that", rick says as you move closer to daryl. the man lowers his gun, "you got stuff to bring in, you do it now, once this dor closes it stays closed", he says coming closer. everyone comes in and the man closes the door. "vi seal the main enterence", he says through some pad lock. "rick grimes", rick says coming closer to him. "dr edwin jenner", he answers back.

                                    ------

"doctors always go around packing heat like that", daryl asks. "well there were plenty left lying around, i familiarized myself", jenner answers. "but you look hopeful enough", he speaks. "except you, gotta keep my eye on you", he says look down at carl. "are we underground", carol asks. "you claustrophobic", he asks. "a little", she answers. "well try not to think about it", he says back. "vi, bring up the lights in the big room", jenner says. "where is everybody, the other doctors, the staff", rick asks walking into the room.

"im it", "its just me here", he answers. "vi, say hello to our guests", jenner says taking a seat. "tell them, welcome", he says looking at you. "hello guests, welcome", the robot sounding voice says. "im all thats left, in sorry", he says to rick.

                                      ------

"whats the point, if we were infected we'd be running a fever", andrea says as jenner takes her blood. "ive already broken every rule in the book letting you in here, let me atleast be thorough", he answers. "all done, you okay", he says as andrea stands up. "she hasent eaten in days, none of us have", jacqui answers.

                                     ------

"whats happening", you ask as everyone steps out there rooms. "energy use is being prioritized", jenner answers. "air isnt the priority", dale says as everyone follows jenner. "the lights", daryl questions. "its not up to me, zone 5 is shutting itself down", jenner says back. "hey, what the hell does that mean, hey man im talking to you", daryl yells at jenner. "what do you mean its shutting itself down, how can a building do anything", daryl jogs after him.

"you'd be surprised", jenner says, running down the stairs. "rick", lori says from above them. "jenner whats happened", rick says in a worried tone. "the system is dropping all the non-essential uses off power, its designed to keep the computers running intil the last possible second, we approched the half hour mark", jenner says, entering the main room. jenner passes the bottle of wine that he was holding to daryl. he takes it agressively. "it was the french", jenner says. "what", andrea says confused.

"they were the last ones to hold out as far as i know, while our people were bolting out the doors and commiting suicide in the hallways, they stayed in the labs til the end, they thought hey were close to a solution", jenner says walking away from the group. "what happened", jacqui says to jenner. "same thing thats happening here, the power grid, ran out of juice, the world runs on fossil fuel, i mean how stupid is that", jenner  says walking away. "let me tell you something", shane says angrily walking to him. "hell with this shane, i dont even care, lori, grab our things, everybody get your stuff were getting out of here now", rick yells as an alarm starts.

"whats that", shane says looking up. "30 minuites till decontamination", vi says. "doc whats going on here", tdog yells over the alarm. "everybody, you heard rick get your stuff, lets go", shane yells as the door closes. "did you just lock us in, he just locked us in", glenn says, panicking. jenner sits down and starts a video. "we have hit the 30 minuite window, i am recording,", jenner says to the camera. "carl", lori shouts. "you son of a bitch", daryl yells. "shane", rick shouts.

"you locked us in here", daryl yells grabbing a bottle to throw at jenner. "jenner open that door now", rick says angrily. "theres no point, everythings top side locked down, the emergency exits are sealed", jenner says. "well open the damn things", daryl says. "thats not something i control, the computers do, i told you, once that front door closes it wouldnt open again, you heard me say that", he says to rick. "its better this way", jenner says. "what is, what happens it 28 minutes", rick questions. "what happens in 28 minutes", rick says louder. "do you know what this place is, we protected the public from very nasty stuff, weaponized small box, a bowl of sprays that can wipe out half the country, stuff you dont want getting out, ever", jenner yells, standing up.

"in the event of catastrophic power failure and a terrorist attack, for example, HIT's are deployed to prevent any organisms from getting out", he says more calmly. "HIT's", rick questions. "vi define", jenner says.

"HIT's, impulsive thermobaric fuel air explosives consist of a two-stage aerosol ignition that produces a blast wave of significantly greater power and duration than any other knows explosives except nuclear, the vaccum pressure effect ignites the oxygen bettween 5000 and 6000 degrees and is useful for the greatest loss of life and damage to structures is desired", vi says as everyone hugs. "sets the air on fire, no pain, an end to sorrow grief, regret, everything", jenner says quietly.

"i think your lying", rick says to jenner, "what", jenner says confused. "your lying about no hope, if that were true you would have bolted with the rest, taken the easy way out, you didnt, you chose the hard path, why", rick says. "it doesnt matter", "it does matter, it always matters, you stayed when others ran, why", "not because i wanted to, i made a promise", jener says, standing up. "to her", he says poining to test subject 19 "my wife", he says. "test subject 19, was your wife", lori questions.

"she begged me to keep going as long as i could, how could i say no", jenner says "she was dying, it should have been me on that table, i didnt matter to anybody, she was a loss to the world, hell she ran this place, i just worked here in our field she was einstein, me im just edwin jenner", he says.

"she could have done something about this, not me", he says sitting back down. "you wife didnt have a choice, you do, thats all we want, a choice, a chance", "let us keep trying as long as we can", lori says. daryl and tdog try to use an axe to get out. "i told you top sides locked down, i cant open those", jenner says walking away. he presses a button and all the sudden, the door opens. "come on", daryl says to you. "come on, lets go", glenn says. everyone runs out the door. "theres your chance, take it", jenner says. "im grateful", rick says. "the day will come when you wont be", jenner says whispering something in his ear. "hey we got 4 minutes left, come on", glenn yells. "lets go, lets go jacqui", tdog says. "no, no im staying, im staying sweetie", jacqui says letting go of tdog. "thats insane", "no its completely sane, for a first time in a long time, im not ending up like jim and amy, its no time to argue and no point, not if you want to get out, just get out, get out", jacqui says to tdog. "im staying too", andrea says.

you all run out. "does it work", tdog shouts. "no", glenn says trying to get the door open. daryl and rick try to use the axe. "dog, get down get down", shane says trying to shoot the window. "the glass wont break", sophia says. "rick, i have something that might help", carol says running up to rick. "carol i dont think a nail files gonna do it", shane says. "your first morning at camp, when i washed your uniform, i found this in your pocket", she says holding up a grenade. "get down", rick says grabbing the grenade and running to the window. the grenade explodes and the glass breaks. daryl grabs your hand and helps you out. you all run back to the cars and get in. "wait, wait, there coming", lori says pointing the dale and andrea. "everyone get down", rick yells. then the cdc explodes.

--------

im thinking of making a tiktok acc for edits of this story, should i. and what can i do to make this more interesting bc i find it quite boring rn.