3, DINNER

CHAPTER THREE

"Know she won't be gone forever
There are many times I find it feels that way
And I'm not trying to forget her
Just understand how I'll be feeling on that day
It's just like seeing her for the first time again"

-------------------

Song featured this chapter,

[For The First Time
-
Mac DeMarco]

You made eye contact with the so called "Jotaro". He just looked at you with a uninterested look.

"You're the one who I bumped into at the store, aren't you?"

He just narrowed his eyes at you and replied.

"Yes I am, you clearly didn't recognize me either."

"It's been 7 years Jotaro, also you're like 6'4 now. I actually use to be taller than you."

"That's fair I guess."

It was really awkward for a second until Holly called everyone to the table for dinner. You quickly walked away and sat at the dinner table. You ate the delicious food Holly had made and sat there for a second before someone spoke up.

"Y/n you have your first day of school tomorrow right? Well maybe Jotaro can show around"

"Oh yeah you're right, I do start tomorrow Holly. Maybe he could, I wouldn't mind"

You glanced at Jotaro as he gave you a deadpan look. The dinner went like this until it was just the adults talking and you slowly walked away sitting in the lounge area. Jotaro followed you soon after and sat next to you.

"So it's been awhile hasn't it?"

"No shit"

"Look, if you're going to be an asshole I can leave"

"You can't, your grandparents wouldn't let you."

You look at him as your eyes meet his you realize he's been looking at you the whole time as you quickly look away. Again an awkward moment between the two of you. You pulled the walkman out of the small bag you had brought and pulled out a cassette along with it. You had recorded it before you came to Japan, it had a bunch of your favorite songs.

Jotaro took note of you messing around with your cassettes and spoke up.

"Would you care if we hung out in my room for awhile?"

"Well seeing that I have nothing else to do why not."

He got up and walked towards the back of the house looking back at you signaling you to follow. You got up and grabbed your bag following soon behind him. You entered his room to see various posters all across the walls. You looked on his desk to see a marine biology book.

"You like dolphins Kujo?"

"I have a interest in marine biology, thinking about making it career"

"That's pretty cool actually"

You kept looking around his room, but stopped once you saw a framed picture of him with a group of men and a dog. You didn't bother asking him about it and stopped in your tracks once you had seen his cassette collection. He was following you around the room with his eyes just curious on what you were doing.

"Do you mind if I look through the cassettes?"

"Knock yourself out"

You looked through finding some American and some Japanese artists. You wondered to yourself if he spoke English, but the thought quickly left your mind when you heard a call for you coming from the living room. You had guessed it was probably time for you to leave, so you had started to walk away.

"It was nice seeing you again, nice Junko Yagami cassette by the way."

You smiled at him as you walked out and shut the door. You walked down the hallway back to the dining room to see your grandparents already waiting by the door. You hugged Holly and made you way over to them then leaving the house.

Your house was right next door so you didn't have to worry about walking to much. You actually didn't get to fully explore the house so you decided to tonight. You walked into the backyard to find a cat which quickly walked over to you and started rubbing against your legs.

"Since when did you have a cat?"

Your grandmother walked to the door to the backyard to answer you.

"We've had him for 3 years now, his name is Kai"

"Like the ocean?"

"Yes like the ocean, you should probably go to bed since you have school tomorrow. Your uniform is hanging in your closet as we speak."

"Fine I'll go to bed in a minute"

She nodded her head and walked away. You continued walking around the backyard until you found a small koi fish pond. There was around 20 fish in the pond and you just stood there watching them for a bit until you remembered you probably should go to bed.

You were nervous to say the least for your first day so it was pretty hard to go to sleep. You ended up waking up pretty early since Jotaro told you to meet him early so he could show you around (mostly because Holly forced him).

You put on your uniform and walked downstairs for breakfast. Your grandfather was more of a cook than your grandmother so he had prepared breakfast for you. You quickly ate since the food was so delicious. You hugged both your grandparents goodbye and made your way out the door. You turned to your left to see Jotaro waiting at is his front door.

"Took you long enough"

"Oh shut up"

The two of you walked to the school seeing that people were already early too. Suddenly a group of girls started yelling "Jojo" you yelled at them to back off and that they were annoying. Giving you a dirty glare they had finally gone off

"Sorry to break up your little girl squad, but they're really annoying"

"I'm aware of that, I just ignore them most days"

Your palms became sweaty as you pushed open the doors to the school. All eyes were on you and Jotaro because one you were an American transfer student and two Jotaro Kujo doesn't really hang out with anyone.

"I really tried not to stand out, but here I am"

AUTHORS NOTE

Hello yet again, school has been pretty fun actually. Met knew people and stuff like that, already have my first A too. Anyhow remember go comment and vote!!

-Robin