𝙏𝙧𝙞𝙤𝙨

✰✰★✰✰

✰✰★✰✰

19TH CENTURY

VARIOUS LOCATIONS

• | "Walburga Irma Black, a vicious and malicious witch. Half Black, half Crabbe, My mother is prejudiced against anyone she sees as impure. Ever since she was young, she had grown up with the expectations of becoming Lady Black."

Pollux Black circled young Walburga, his gaze holding malevolent intent, ambition, and greed. "When you reach the age, you shall marry your cousin, Orion, and become Lady Black; with the title comes great power."

Young Walburga's eyes light up with excitement at the mention of power, her face remaining impassive, staring straight ahead.

"Of course, Emmeline Pankhurst just achieved the women's rights movement, and old habits die hard."

Pollux stopped in front of his daughter, "No woman, however, should have that much power because they are weak. I will help guide you, Walburga, and you must listen to me; anything I say, you shall do. You understand, yes?"

Young Walburga moved her eyes from the wall to her father, "Yes, father, in the name of the family."

Pollux smiled at his daughter, a cold and vicious smile.

"My mother's family life wasn't ideal, significantly affecting how she turned out. Her father was an abusive drunk, a trait he inherited from his father, and her mother only cared for her jewels, quickly turning a blind eye to any mistreatment as long as she had access to the funds.

Her mother was whiney, constantly drinking and smoking, crying for hours once she got drunk. She'd continuously moan about how she hated her husband. Although, she was an excellent party host. When she wasn't drunk, she seemed happy, bragging about her riches to her friends and even boasting about her children's achievements. Walburga used to wonder which version of her was the real one. Soon realizing they were both acts, she was only her true self when no one watched."

"Irma, you must be so proud of your daughter; six OWLS is quite a lot for a woman." Lady Flint stood next to Irma Black, champagne in hand, as she smiled a fake smile.

"Yes, nothing less is expected of a Black, especially the future Lady." Irma smiled a sweetly sick smile.

Young Walburga puffed out her chest in pride at the praises. Lady Flint turned to Walburga and asked, "You aren't thinking of pursuing a job when you marry, of course?"

Walburga's smile turned grim as her mother tightly latched onto her shoulders, "No, Lady Flint, I know my duty, and that is to my family."

"My mother grew up with a nasty personality. She was rude without a second thought, caring for no one but herself and our family's reputation."