𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

 'A SINGLE BOWL OF CHAZUKE- tea on rice

'A SINGLE BOWL OF CHAZUKE- tea on rice..pickled plums, shredded seaweed, some leftover chicken from the evening meal..smothered in piping hot tea seasoned with dry strips of konbu.'  A white haired boy thought to himself  '-ah how sweat it was..the chazuke I made for myself in the orphanages' kitchen..although it must be said..I'm so hungry, I could die.'

'my name is Nakajima Atsushi and circumstances have left me at deaths door.'

He promised himself that he would rob the next person who came by, only to see a man floating in the river. He dived in to save him shortly after.

"Are you alright? You were swept up by the current.." he asked in concern

"I'm saved then..tch." The mans words shocked the boy. He turned to him "was it you who interrupted my asphyxiation?"

His yellow eyes widened "I didn't interrupt you I saved you- asphyxi wha-?"

"my apologies, are you unfamiliar with the term? I meant to convey that I was committing suicide."the stranger said nonchalantly

"Huh?" The boy was confused by the man's behaviour as he continued to explain his attempted suicide.

"My intent was to have a clean suicide..I somehow involved an innocent passerby and yet you were none the less entangled by my behaviour-" the suicidal man interrupted himself by turning behind him to see a familiar figure.

"Dazai-san! Kunikida-san is pretty pissed off at you y'know!" The short haired person asked but their attention shifted to the orphaned boy on the floor. "Who's this?"

'Is that a man or a woman..? I cant tell, honestly..'

"My name is Nakajima Atsushi..." he said, introducing himself

the person nodded with a stoic expression "(last name)."

"Say-" dazai interrupted "are you hungry lad?"

"I actually haven't eaten anything in several days.." he replied while (name) watched the interaction, pushing up her glasses.

"Nor have I and the river seems to have taken my wallet." Dazai grinned