CHAPTER 17 - feast

a/n - please vote :)

olivia's pov
we sit opposite each other, menus in front. y/n looks down, flipping through the menu as her eyes scan the meals. examining her features, i smile to myself, before y/n looks up. i quickly look down, and y/n laughs. "what're you getting? oh- you haven't even opened the menu," she says, laughing. "shut up," i say, laughing and flipping the menu open.

after splitting dinner, we walk out. walking beside each other, y/n quickly takes out her phone, tapping something before bringing her phone to her ear. "hey may, what's wrong?" she asks. i smile at her choice of greetings, trying not to listen to the conversation and looking around the city. "okay, i can do that. just send me the grocery list and i'll grab it now and drop it off, unless you need some help," she says, waiting for her aunt to respond. "okay, i'll be there in an hour-ish. bye may, i love you!" i smile once again, and y/n takes the phone from her ear, hanging up. "sorry about that," y/n says, looking at me. "it's okay," i respond, smiling. "is it okay if we go to the supermarket? i need to grab some things for my aunt may at feast," she asks. "yeah, 'course. we can go now," i say, unlocking my car.

i park the car in the parking lot, and y/n unbuckles her seatbelt. i unbuckle mine too, and she gives me a confused look. "are you coming with me?" she asks. "yeah, is that a problem?" i ask, laughing softly. "no," she says, smiling and opening the door, "let's go!"

y/n places a pasta package into the shopping cart which she pushed along the aisle. "want anything? just put it in," she says. we walk past the sour patch kids aisle, and i pick up a sour patch kids, dropping it in the cart. "grab another for me please," y/n asks. i get another one, dropping it in beside the other packet.

y/n turns to face the aisle, going on her tippy-toes to reach the tomato paste. my attention turns to a guy, who looked around mid 20s. he stared at y/n with a smile, looking her up and down as she then turned back to me. "what's wrong?" she asks, placing the tomato paste gently in the cart. "nothing," i say, moving closer to her. we start to walk again, and i hook my arm around y/n's hugging her arm softly. feeling her gaze look at me, i look at her. she gives me a smile, which i return.

parking in the feast parking lot, we get out. y/n opens the trunk getting the bags of groceries out. i pick up the last 2, and y/n gives me a thanks, closing the trunk. we walk to the building, and y/n pushes the door open for me, standing in front of it so it doesn't shut. "thank you," i say, walking in. y/n walks beside me, and i follow her as she guides us to the kitchen.

we walk in, seeing a few other people in the kitchen. "hey may!" y/n says. a brunette woman turns around smiling at us. she wore a yellow tank top that came down to her waist, and blue denim jeans. examining her face, she looked great for her age.

she starts walking to us, and y/n speaks again. "this is olivia," y/n introduces, turning to me with a smile. i smile back, looking at may now. "hi! it's so great to meet you, y/n talks non stop about you," may says, laughing as she takes the 2 bag from my hands. "thank you," i thank as she smiles, "it's great meeting you too, and i'm sure y/n talks about me a lot," i joke, laughing and looking at y/n. she smiles at me, giving a shrug. "where do you want these?" y/n asks. "just by that flower plant on the table thanks," may says. she walks over to the table, and i look back at aunt may. "y/n's told me how you work here, i think it's really amazing," i say, smiling. "thank you, y/n helps out a lot here too," she adds. "she seems like a great niece," i say, looking at y/n who started to unpack the bags. she really deserves being spider-woman. "yeah, she is. what do you do for work? or that's if you work," aunt may says. "i'm a singer," i say, and aunt may smiles. "any songs out yet?" "yeah, i have an album!" "i'll listen to it on then way home then," she says. "by the way..." she starts, taking a deep breath, "when y/n loves something, she loves it with every ounce of her body. so please, if you're going to be in her life from now on, just promise you won't take advantage of that," she says, looking at me. "she means more to me than she knows," i respond, smiling.

after we all talk for a little, we decide to go home. "i'll see you later," y/n says, hugging aunt may. "okay, love you y/n," she responds, rubbing her back. i smile, watching them embrace for a few seconds. "love you more," she says, letting go. aunt may turns to me with a smile. "it was nice to meet you, olivia," she says, smiling as she opens her arms. "it was nice to meet you too, i hope you have a good day," i say, smiling as i hug her.

we get into the car, and i start it up, starting to drive out of the parking lot. i see y/n open the sour patch kids packet, and she leans over to me. i smile as i see a sour patch kid in between her thumb and index finger, opening my mouth. she moves her fingers closer, dropping the sour patch kid into my mouth. "yuck," y/n notes, laughing as her fingers get a little wet as my lips go over her fingers as she pulls them out. i laugh, turning right.

y/n leans closer to me as she holds another sour patch kid, resting her arm on the center console. i cross my eyes as she puts it in my mouth. i bite down on the middle of the sour patch kid, and y/n smiles, leaning forward more and kissing my cheek. "do you wanna come back to mine?" y/n asks. "sure," i say, smiling. "okay, you can just turn right here."

y/n's pov
olivia parks outside my house, and we get out of the car, walking to the door. i put in the 6 digits on the digital lock, pushing the door open as it unlocks.

after giving a tour of my house to excited olivia, we walk into my room. "hey, do you wanna make pizza for dinner?" i ask, taking off my suit device and putting it on the chamber. "that's amazing," liv says, closing the door behind her. "what, pizza?" i ask, smiling. "the suit charger thing and the pizza," she says, and i sit on my bed, leaning against the bed head and stretching my legs out. olivia walks over, placing a knee on my bed and laying down on my lap. she stares at my ceiling, and my hand goes to her jaw with a soft smile.

i tuck her hair behind olivia's ear, and she closes her eyes relaxingly. my thumb glides along her smooth cheek, admiring her facial features. "so, what did you and my aunt talk about?" olivia smiles, "her, me, you." my phone buzzes, and i pick it up, reading the text from aunt may. "may says that she likes your album... and you seem very sad while singing the album which adds emotion. she almost cried," i read, confused. olivia laughs, opening her eyes and looking at me. "tell her i say thank you," she answers. i type it back with one hand, leaving the other on olivia's cheek. mid way through texting, olivia's hand goes on top of mine, resting her hand on mine as she closes her eyes once again.