CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

-Zylith-

Zylan's birthday had finally come. Everyone spent their day preparing for his party while I slept on a pink doughnut-shaped pool float in the pool.

I had tried to help but everyone refused saying that I wasn't supposed to do any work that would give me fatigue so that's how I found myself in the pool, laying down on the pool float, eating grapes and sunbathing.

"Zylith," Zylan called for me, walking towards the poolside.

"Zylan," I mimicked his tone.

"I have been looking for you everywhere. Are you seriously going to swim right now?"

"Why?" I sat up, "am I supposed to do something?"

He scoffed and gave me a hostile glare, face contorted with rage.

"You're literally ditching me on my birthday," he complained.

"Ditching you?" I slid my sunglasses up to my forehead.

"Yes... with lack of a better term," he replied.

"You're supposed to be by my side on a day like this. You're supposed to make me feel special and important," he whined like a little kid, "but here you are. Swimming."

I laughed and put a grape in my mouth, "you look so cute when you're angry."

"You think I look cute when I'm angry? Well then prepare to see me become gorgeous." His words made me laugh more.

"Why are you laughing? It's not funny at all. Get out of that water right now while I'm still asking nicely." I laughed at his threats.

"You really look adorable."

"Zylith," he said my name in an intimidating way.

"Zylan," I mimicked his tone again, smirking.

"Alright that's it," he jumped into the pool and swam toward me. I laughed as I threw myself into the water to run away from him. He managed to catch me anyway because I couldn't swim fast enough due to my pregnancy. He carried me in his arms and walked out of the pool through the tiny steps at the edge.

"Ah my grapes," I whined and jokingly hit his hard chest.

"There are always grapes in the fridge," he smiled at me while narrowing his eyes.

"Fine I'll be nice to you and give you all the attention you want since it's your birthday. Just put me down," I begged. He put me down on the sunlounger and put a towel over my head.

"Happy birthday," I wished him.

"Thank you. Now go and get ready quickly. You're taking me out today," he smiled.

"Me?" I widened my eyes, "I don't have any money to spend on you!" He stood up and walked away without waiting for my reply.

"Wait for me I've got little legs," I cutely whined and followed behind him. He chuckled and stopped in his tracks until I caught up with him.

We entered the house through the backdoor and went to get ready. I took a quick shower and wore a cute black dungaree dress with a white long-sleeved turtle neck shirt inside and sage green low-cut Jordans.

He was already at my door the time I opened it. He looked stunning even when he was just wearing a casual outfit. It was unfair how he could easily pull off even the worst outfit. Someone's son out there would probably look homeless in that outfit but him, always flabbergasting.

"Ready to go?" He asked. I nodded and smiled, "we are spending your money though." He chuckled and nodded then we proceeded down the stairs.

"Going somewhere?" His dad asked.