Previews: Gateway Drug | Volume II | Part Two

"...You are so fucking lucky I didn't call Nikki and tell him about this." Doc grumbles to me, irritated as all hell as we walk out of the Los Angeles Police Department.

"The asshole deserved it." Axl cuts in, sticking up for me yet again before Doc whips around to face us.

"Okay, see, I don't care what you do." He states to him, raising his brows. "But she's done enough shit back to back to back for the past two years..." he trails off, looking at me, "Aren't you tired?!"

I go to answer him, apologetically, but I'm cut off by him insisting, "of course you're not, you're a Sixx, you people thrive off of stressing me, and everyone else at the damn office, out." He throws up his hands as he turns to continue walking in front of us on the way to his car.

"Maybe if these morons didn't talk so much she wouldn't have to shut them up." Axl continues.

"These morons talk because she has given them plenty to talk about, Mr. Rose. I'm not exactly sure what they teach in Indiana, but where I'm from there's this thing called, 'if you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough'." He says harshly. "You wanted to roll around with Duff without any preventives, so now you just have to face the fact that some people think you're a slut for it. I don't know what else to fucking tell you other than the more you get arrested, the harder it is to get you out. Those records don't go away just because you're married to Nikki." He warns me and we get to his car.

"Are you gonna tell Nikki?" It's as if his whole speech goes right over my head — mainly because it did.

Anytime he opens his mouth I just drown it out, anymore.

He looks at me, as if to say, "did you even hear anything I just said?"

"You two sucker punched someone simultaneously. Nikki's gonna hear about it somewhere, anyway." He tells me.

"Like he's gonna give a shit." Axl blares, the tone of his voice letting me know he's getting sick of Doc. "He would've done the same damn thing — maybe even worse — if he'd been there. Everyone's been telling her to ignore everyone for the last year and she's sick of it so why shouldn't she stick up for herself? Maybe when people know they have a chance of getting their asses handed to them, they'll shut the fuck up."

He makes a good point, and Doc doesn't argue it, he just looks at me and says, "I suggest you tell Nikki before he hears it anywhere else."

I dread the possibility of hearing him bitch me out about yet another altercation, but I also find some refuge in Axl's words.

Nikki would've done the same thing had he been there, so maybe he won't be upset.

Besides, it's Valentine's Day. He can't be mad at me on Valentine's Day.