Ch 1: Vengeance comes knocking

'Do you Adrien Agreste, holder of the Black cat Miraculous, keeper of destruction, soulmate of creation, and chosen Crown Prince of the Miraculous Empire now Emperor take Empress Marinette Dupain-Cheng as your wife? To cherish in sickness and in health?"

Adrien stared at Marinette, who looked so beautiful in her Royal wedding gown, crown jewels dripping off of her like dazzling fallen stars, they glimmered upon his future wife. He had to fight the urge, the strong urge, to sweep her off her feet and run away to their royal chambers and just bathe himself in her presence but even so, he needed to be patient, their honeymoon suite was only a few hours away.  He looked into Marinette's eyes, her beautiful bluebell eyes covered by her lashes as she gazed deeply into his soul.

He smiled a tender smile filled to the brim with love, "I do."

The High priestess nodded, turning to Marinette she opened her mouth and spoke. "Do you, Marinette Dupain-Cheng, holder of the Ladybug Miraculous, keeper of creation, soulmate of destruction, and chosen Crown Princess of the Miraculous Empire now Empress take Emperor Adrien Agreste as your husband? In sickness and in health?"

Adrien could hear his heart pounding in his own chest but due to the side effects of the Miraculous he could also hear his lady, his love, his wife's heart beating with his, as usual, they were in sync. Marinette, the perfect image of a blushing bride, peering up at him with such a loving smile that was so filled with adoration and devotion to love him, him, who he thought was nothing but a pretty face that was used to please whoever and whatever desire that his father had. But Marinette, his Marinette, his kind, gentle, caring, and brave princess had loved him, she had adored him, cherished every moment of being with him. She had fallen in love with his boring civilian self and he had enchanted her and charmed her into falling in love with his witty, silly, and punny side.

"I do."

His heart swelled at the thought that after this, they would finally be married and together fulfill the duty Fu had forced them into, together.

"You will be bound to your duty as Emperor and Empress, and to each other, for once you accept these rings you will be the next rulers, you will continue the line and the prosperity of the Miraculous Empire."

If you had gone back in time and told fifteen-year-old him that wang Fu would trick him and Marinette into signing away their freedom to the Miraculous Empire, taking up the duty of being crowned Emperor and Empress of a lost Empire that Fu had destroyed, that he would spend the next four years with his lady, allowing him the chance to woo and charm her into loving him he would probably believe you for a short while only then to laugh it off.

His hands delicately grasped his future wife-soon to be wife's hands and slow as possible pulled her white satin gloves off. The royal high Priestess smiled at the two as the ringbearer, Tikki, and Plagg brought forth the pillow that held the ancient rings of all past Emperors and Empresses. The kwamis grinned as they picked up their rings and handed them to their chosens. The giant crowd of people, nobles, commoners, and citizens remained quiet as they watched their future rulers place the rings on each other's fingers. Plagg and Tikki grab the red cloth, tying them around their chosen hands.

Adrien looked out in the crowd and spotted his father, anger was clear on his face as he shook his head no, the guards pointing their spears at his neck, Lila and Chloe also had spears placed at their necks. Adrien frowned at his father, he wasn't going to let him ruin this day. No, after the ceremony he was going to give his father a piece of his mind and then send him and those two off, away from his Empire and his wife.

"You may now kiss the Bride."

----------------------------------------------------------

Once Upon a Time....