Ch 2: The Trial

Fu was awoken by the sharp pain of being kicked in the ribs...hard.

His eyes flew open as the pain flew straight through his body, the shackles on his legs and arms making a loud clang as he struggled and flinched. "Wake up you traitor." Fu looked up at the Royal guard, the miraculous symbol gleaming in silver on his golden armor, the face of the guard scrunched up in disgust. Fu obeyed and stood up, when he finally was on his two feet he realized he was standing on marble , very clean marble floors. His reflection stared back at him and he slowly raised his head, his eyes taking in the dejavu of his old traumatic past.

He had never been in the royal palace, de miracles o heaven, it was forbidden for lower rank Guardians like him to ever enter the royal palace but in the beginning of his training it was tradition for all future guardians to meet the royal family and get their blessings. He had only been in this palace once and it had been to bow down to that luxurious spending Empress and her man slut of a husband who had more mistresses than any man alive. They had once been good rulers, a good ladybug, a good black cat, but they were not lovers and so their arranged marriage ruined them.

He looked up just like he did in the past, the throne now empty and longing for the proper rulers to take the seat. His blood went cold and shivers went down his spine at the thought he had killed the past Empress and Emperor. But he wondered why the cure did not bring them back? It slipped out before he could even realize, "Where are the Empress and Emperor?" His response was being hit hard on the head and picked up and slammed into the marble floor. "They are dead, you sick bastard." Fu could feel blood leak from his nose as he was picked up again. "The Emperor died from the shock of finding out he had been dead for years and the Empress lost her mind and killed herself."

"That is why you, traitor of the Miraculous Guardians, are to be put on trial and hanged."

Fu froze

He looked around

And saw the head Nobles of the seven Miraculous houses glaring at him with their kwamis floating next to them horrified.

The sound of trumpets played and Fu lifted his head as the grand doors to the side of the throne room were opened up by the royal servants and the Grand High Priestess entered the room. She was dressed in the traditional robes of pure white silk and gold lace, her long braided white hair flowed behind her as her long veil like stars dragged behind her. Her face is covered by a lilac veil decorated with dazzling stars. Her crown of diamonds and gold glimmering in the morning sunlight. Next to her were her guards, Full Moon and Bad Omen.

The nobles all bowed and the kwamis gasped at the sight of the Grand Guardian

She stood on the high steps that lead to the throne and turned to the nobles and the other onlookers in the court. Then through her veil her golden eyes glowed as they bore into Fu's. He gulped and bowed his head, "Wang Fu, the pupil of Su Han, you were a Guardian in training and yet you turned out to be the very thing that led to our great Empire's demise." Fu began to shake, "Those that stand in the court today, you are about to witness the trial of Wang Fu who in the end will be hanged for all the deaths he has caused."

Bad Omen glared down at Fu who had grown pale "NO! PLEASE! I MEANT NO HARM! I WAS JUST A CHILD! A CHILD!" The old man cried out as he feared for his life. "SILENCE!" Fu yelped as a guard smacked the back of his head, "How dare you yell in the presence of the High Priestess!" Fu stood up and dodged the guards' blow, "I was only a child of 10 years! I was starving! My master had starved me for a whole day, no food, no water. I was ripped away from my family at the age of five! You have no right to hang me!"