six

"I wanna uh- explain myself

"I wanna uh- explain myself." The boy stated as he walked up following the girl into her room, she didn't respond.

"Avery look I'm sor" Niccolò begun before getting cut off.

"Just shut up!" The girl exclaimed shutting her bedroom door and walking over to the boy.
He stood there not knowing what to do with himself, hands in his pockets, hopeless.

Avery brought the boy into a deep hug, where she stood on her tiptoes to rest her head on the boys shoulder. He responded to the action by moving his hands around her waist and drawing shapes with his fingers on the girls back.

"I should hate you right now." Avery mumbled into his shoulder.

"Why don't I hate you?" The girl added, moving back to look at the boy.

"Fuck" Avery mumbled under her breath and walking to the bathroom in her room.

"I don't know why I came here, it's getting late." Niccolò muttered. There was no response, just short quiet sobs coming from the bathroom the girl had just walked in.

The boys first instinct was to walk over to her and comfort her, to which he did.
He moved his arms around the girl from behind as she looked at herself in the mirror, he looked at her through the reflection, so beautiful.

"Please stay." Avery practically begged looking up to the boy.

"Are you sure?" Niccolò asked wearily.

"Mhm" She nodded back, reassuring the boy and placing a soft kiss on his neck, his face being out of reach.

The boy gently took the girls hand and walked her over to her bathroom counter, lifting her up gently he began to look through the nearest drawers.

"What are you doing?" Avery asked, rubbing her eyes to which her mascara smudged more down her face.

"Cleaning you up." Niccolò reasoned.

"What-" Avery begun.

"Just let me, please." Niccolò stepped in.

The boy moved over to the girl, fitting in the gap between her legs and began rubbing cotton rounds with micellar water around her eyes. He honestly had no clue what he was doing but tried his best for her.

"Why are you doing this?" Avery asked

"Well, you don't like sleeping with makeup on." Niccolò explained as be concentrated on removing any residue from her face. Avery couldn't help but smile a little at his action.

The boy walked out of the bathroom leaving Avery by herself sat on the counter. She wondered how easy life would be if she hadn't ever met Nicco, or how boring it would be. He returned with a pair of shorts and a t shirt.

"Get changed, I'll wait right outside." Niccolò stated and gave her a reassuring smile as she jumped of the counter.

The girl walked out of the bathroom, switching the lights off and began walking to her bed, the boy had began to pile up some blankets on the floor and a few cushions as he got ready to sleep.

"Niccolò, what are you doing?" Avery asked letting out a small giggle.

"Making a bed?" He responded confused.

"No." The girl sighed picking up the blankets on the floor and taking Niccolò's hand, moving him to her bed. She sat down and signalled for him to do so too.
She reached over to her bedside table and switched off the lamp leaving the two teens wrapped in duvet cover in the dark.

Niccolò didn't know what to do with himself, he led there in his back, looking up at the girls ceiling, afraid to look at her.

Avery on the other hand was ashamed and sad of what she had done. She began to sniffle again, and those sniffles turned into quiet sobs. Niccolò responded to the noise and wrapped his arms around the girls waist to comfort her as much as possible.

"I'm such a bad person." Avery sighed to herself.

"Hey-hey." Niccolò begun, gently grabbing her cheek motioning her to look at him.

"You're not a bad person okay, it's my fault. I let my feelings get in the way of this whole situation." Niccolò explained. You could see that what he was saying way raw.

"Feelings?" Avery asked looking up to him.

The boy didn't know what to say, instead he moved closer to the crying girl and gently placed his lips onto hers. It was a simple action, but meant to much to both of them, it was that pinch of reassurance and that they'd be okay in the end.

"Thank you." Avery stated.

The two teens finally dozed off to sleep, legs intertwined with each other and arms too.

It was morally wrong, but felt so fucking right.

💌

It's a short one but kinda cute, sorry I haven't been updating as much, I'm on vacation at the moment and was supposed to write a bunch on the plane. But didn't lmfao