Seven

When I entered their Chambers. I noticed that the guest has already left the castle. I swallowed hard before walking my way towards their throne.

"Princess Monette of the Green Meadow you are a disgrace to this family!" Mothers voice boomed the whole room that I flinched when her voice attached my eardrums.

"Now dear, no need to say such sort. Princess you have some explaining to do.." My Father said while looking at me.

"Where do I even start?" That's true actually. I have a lot questions and Prince Matthew popped out first.

"Why is Prince Matthew of the Ocean Kingdom keeps saying he is my fiance?" I asked Mother with a soft tone. The whole idea pissed me off and it is now starting to pull me of the edge but I agreed with father to act mature and I will start it now. I guess my rebel days are finally put to an end.

"You already know the answer to that my dear. But since you asked.. As the soon-to-be Queen, we need someone to stand by yourside and be a King. We need someone to be your husband as well since you have already come of age." Mother said with ease. I guess she already contemplated on her action earlier this morning.

But the thought of marrying Matthew, a cheater, a flirt and a heartless man is not worth it to stand beside me. I need someone to who knows the way to my peoples heart. Who seeks nothing but prosperity and not money. Who wants to respect woman and not bed them and just throw them away like dirty laundry.

I need a Man!

I need Gregory.

No! I must not think of him now.

"You agreed to my conditions my Princess but what I notice now is that you are hesitating. Is there a reason behind that? Or perhaps someone?" Father eyed me carefully. Looking at me like he can see my soul. Is he testing me? If I breakdown again and cry? I will not do so.

"No father you got that wrong. What Mother said about marrying Prince Matthew into this kingdom is not what I approve of. Yes, we were in a relationship before but it was all nothing but a lie to him. Is that the kind of Man you want me to standby myside as my future husband? The kind of King you want your people to look up too? A heartless man who know no less but to weild his name with pride and joy. Only his name and nothing more." I maybe address this to Mother but my eyes are on my Father. He knows all Matthews shinanigans and even he was the one who told me to let him go. I was so inlove with the thought of love that I was about to accept him again. Luckily dad dragged me back to reality and put some sense into me.

"Yes, what you said is reasonable enough that we have decided to grant you half a year to seek a Man who can hold the title and make sure it is someone who has the POSITION to be called as KING." I smiled at what he said. It was like music to my ears. But then his words echoed in my mind. Someone who has a title, a reputation. Someone who is a Prince as well. I swallowed hard and pushed my tears back.

This is better than being with a Prince Matthew.

"What are you saying My KING!" Mothers voice snapped me bag to my current situation.

"There is no one more suitable than Prince Matthew! We agreed to extend the wedding another half a year but to be wed to a lower rank than us!? That is absurd!!!" She said with a bit of anger in her tone but she was always a good actress that she is good keeping it hidden.

"Prince Matthew of the Ocean Kingdom is the second largest Kingdom. Since we come in third, we will definitely cannot go down a lower rank than us!" A lower rank? What does that mean? Yes, I am aware that we are the 3rd largest kingdom but I thought Matthews was the first.

"Then who is the 1st richest Kingdom dear Mother?" The curiousity is drilling in my mind that I keep shifting from foot to foot.

"The Kingdom of the Heavens.." It came from the back and it did nothing but startled me. Joseph is coming towards us. With a serious face plastered on his face and when I shifted my gaze at the person behind me. My breathing stopped.

Gregory. I can see a small smile hidding from his beautiful face with a tint of red spread over his cheeks. Then it all came back to me again. Our naked bodies entangled. Those moans loud enough to scare birds away. Oh dear! I shaked my thought and reeled myself to the current situation. I shifted my gaze back to Joseph and he is now standing infront of me with a questioning look.

"Why are you all flustered. Your cheeks are turning red and your sweating. You not feeling well?" He asked me as soft as a whisper.

I am blushing? Damn you Gregory! I glared at him that earned me that heartmelting smile and look back at Joseph. His forehead is now wrinkled and saw the exchange happening between me and Gregory. Oh no! He must not know!

"The Heavens Kingdom?" I asked Joseph that made him snap back from what he was thinking then nodded. Then I noticed Gregory froze.

"The Heavens Kingdom is located at the top of the tallest mountain. I heard that it was ones ruled by the most kindest King and Queen. People throughout the whole Kingdom loved them that they did nothing but respect them. Even if they did not belong to their Kingdom." What he said gave me the impression that the Rulers are indeed kind hearted if other villagers treats them as their own.

"But why are you saying it in past tense?" I was about to ask him another question but Gregory inhaled a lungful of air that earned him a questioning look. He noticed me staring but he did not say or do anything. He just looked at me with sadness in his eyes.

What are you thinking Gregory. As much as I want to hug him or heck even kiss him! I only gave him my warmest smile and assured him that everything will be alright. He caught up with my expression then sigh. He looked down then up at me and reciprocated my smile.

Joseph disturbed our moment when he cleared his throat.

"Anyways, where was I? Oh yes, the Queen got ill and as years passed her body weakened. The King was beyond dispair that he stepped down from the throne and passed his crown and kingdom to his son. They even held a masquerade ball almost two years from now to announce the good news.."

A masquerade ball? Wait I have attended that ball. I was about to confirm something from Joseph but my Mother beat me to it.

"That was the same party that you were asked to find a Man to be appointed as your future King and husband my dear Princess. But when you heard about the truth, you fled the premises.." She said with a bit of disappointment in her tone.

I remember it now. That was the time I left the Heavens Kingom and was also the time I met Matthew. He was waiting in his carriage with nothing but a white cloak all over him even covering his face. I recognize it was him because he wore the same cloak the day after when he visited the kingdom again. He was ones a gentleman who returned me safetly to my Kingdom.

That was the first time I felt inlove. That was when it all started. We only lasted for a year and almost a half when I learned of his hidden agendas. Yes, sad to say it but its true. Matthew WAS my first love.