4

The opening of classes was always the less entertaining part of the entire school year, especially if you were an old student of your particular school. It was the same old same reminders and she was only alright with going through with it because she knew that not everyone in her class was an old student.

She spun the pencil in her hand as she half listened to the teacher's instructions about each other's introduction. She sighed shakily. (Name) always hated introductions, mainly because she hated being the one under the spotlight. 

"Let's start with our new student in this school. Tsuwabuki-kun please tell us about your name, quirk, and age?" The teacher asked kindly. Daigo froze in his seat at the mention of the word "quirk". He looked around like a deer caught in headlights. Here it was, that question that never failed to make his knees weak and heart drop to his stomach.

Everyone's eyes were directed at him, even (Name) turned to him with a small smile on her face as her hands turned into small fists as if telling him that he could succeed at this. Oh, he was sure that he'll be able to succeed with this, the right question was: "Will he survive after all of this?"

"Nice to meet all of you, m-my name is Tsuwabuki Daigo. I'm 9 years old and I'm....quirkless..." He whispered the last word but unfortunately for him, one of their classmates whose quirk was a very sharp pair of ears, managed to hear him as he laughed, loudly proclaimed the truth to everybody who looked at the boy with disinterest. Some even started laughing at him, calling him 'lame'.

(Name) sighed in frustration, eyes half-lidded in anger. How disrespectful and rude.

In this time and age, society's view of quirkless people was nowhere near kind and accepting. They were the lesser beings. The weaker people compared to those who were blessed with power. But (Name) digressed. People have become so dependent on their quirks' worth that they tend to forget the most important trait of a person. Their morality.

And clearly, these younger kids lack them.

"Yeah, make fun of him like your great-great-4x grandfather wasn't quirkless as well." She muttered to the three boys that were laughing at him, the teacher scolded the three but they just continued their shenanigans. The leader looked at the young girl with a questioning and threatening look.

"Hah?! What did you say?" He approached her as he leaned his shoulders back, trying to look bigger and more intimidating as possible.

"How could you not hear me? Wasn't your quirk super hearing, Awamura-san?" She retorted politely, with a quaint and proper smile that seemed to piss the boy even more.

"May I tell you, my family's history is filled with very strong heroes missy? Besides you only take his side because your father is also quirkless, Ms quirkless." He snided as (Name)'s face never faltered. She had heard of that argument so many times that it was getting old.

"Well, I was just telling the truth. The first humans weren't created with superpowers at all. No, they were quirkless, we only received this gift just a few centuries ago. You know what that meant right? Our ancestors and great-great-great grandparents have been quirkless but they managed to survive this cruel world without an asset helping them at all. So why underestimate quirkless people when the people who are the cause of our existence are the same?"

 Everyone, even their teacher turned quiet as the class bit their lips. The mint-haired boy looked at his seatmate like she was a hero who dragged him out of a grave. The bully's face reddened in anger and embarrassment.

"Well, they're dead why would I care?" He answered disrespectfully making (Name) sigh in disappointment, her face still smooth and calm while she spat literal flaming bars.