'Til the rainy days do us apart'

ANGST BC... WELL YEA-

.
.
.
.
.

Poe loved yet hated the rain, he loved but also hated the gloomy weather that made most people stay indoors. It's one of those rare ecasions when the streets are silent and the only noises heard are the raindrops falling to the ground.

Poe was sitting on a bench in the park, it has a nice view when the weather is nice, but right now the once beautiful view looks so depressing in the rain. Poe didn't bring an umbrella with him, he was completely soaked but that's not anything new, he's used to feeling the cold raindrops on his skin that can make him feel numb after a while.

Everything around Poe made him want to end it all. It made him notice things he doesn't want to notice, yet noticing those things can be so addicting. Poe was about ready to go home, he was already sick of the rain hitting his skin and dripping down his hair, until suddenly it stopped, he couldn't feel the rain, he could hear the sound of the rain hitting something above his head though.

Poe looked up and saw somebody holding their umbrella above Poe's head. The male had dark hair and was short, he was wearing a brown cape with a hat the same color. He was gorgeous, but the rain is getting him soaked, it's a shame, the rain is ruining his beauty. The rain always does that, it ruins things that were once beautiful and makes everything gloomy and depressing.

"Why are you sitting in the rain?" Said the dark haired male, tilting his head a bit to the side. His expression stayed the same, he didn't have a questioning look to his expression as if he already knew. Poe actually found that comforting in a strange way, he hates talking, it's never done him any good so what's the point? But of course he needs to talk, it's something unavoidable for Poe.

"I'm just looking at the view.." Poe answered back in a weak, low voice that could probably make anyone run up and hug him. "This view? Hm... I guess it is a nice view!" The other guy said with a now big smile as he sat down besides Poe, now protected by the umbrella from the rain.

They sat in silence looking at the same view under the same umbrella, but Poe's mind was completely stuck on something.

Did he just say the view is beautiful? How? It's all muddy and gloomy...

"How... How exactly is the view beautiful?" Poe finally asked after what seemed to be forever.

"Hm? Well..just think about it!" The Raven haired answered back. Poe looked at the view again and couldn't think of anything, the rain made the area muddy and a little foggy, the big Tree in the center which is normally beautiful and has pretty flowers on it is now bland and has raindrops dripping down it, it all looks so... Sad. This is one of the many reasons why he hates the rain.

"I don't know...the rain kind of ruined everything." Poe said in such a low voice that people could mistaken it for a whisper. The stranger looked at Poe for a while until he finally spoke again.

"Well, it's not necessarily the prettiest view, but without the rain and the places current state, then we wouldn't be able to have the more beautiful version of this, y'know with all the flowers everywhere and stuff!" The guy said with a huge smile on his face as he looked at Poe. Meanwhile, Poe was a little shocked, he never thought about it that way, and even if the guys explaining was rather terrible, it's strangely made sense too. Atleast if you didn't think about it too much.

"By the way.. My name is Ranpo, Ranpo Edogawa." The said boy announced as he hopped out of the bench and turned to Poe. "And you are...?"

"Ah! S-sorry, I'm Poe."

"Poe... Nice to meet you Poe! Now follow me!" Ranpo said as he started walking away, not checking back to see if Poe was following, perhaps it's because he already knew he would follow?