Chapter 40

Jessi

The harsh morning sun seeped through the window, waking me frown in my sleep. I toss and turn few minutes before getting up from the bed.

I went into the bathroom to get myself prepared for today. Staring into the mirror, I was shocked at my reflection.

My hair didn't look like a nest, I didn't have a new pimple, my eyes weren't red. Literally nothing was wrong with me but I was still shocked.

Why? Because there was a smile on my face. Not too big, displaying all my teeth but also not too small that it isn't noticeable.

My eyes held comfort, satisfaction and happiness. I never thought this day would come. A day without my parents where I would smile for no reason.

My smile grew when I remembered the reason for my happiness. Him! It has always been him. From the day I began to teach him how to bake till now, it's been him.

I wondered why I didn't realise this sooner. No, I'm not just falling for him. I already did. I'm already in love with him and this beautiful feeling keeps growing in me every passing second.

We both had damaged pasts. We've both been through so much. But does that mean we don't deserve to love? Absolutely not!

No matter what happens, everyone deserves love. No one should be exempted from this beautiful feeling because no matter how hard you run away from it, it'll find you. It'll find you and hit you so hard, just like it hit me.

The smile remained on my face as I completed my morning routine. I came out the bathroom and got dressed in a beautiful white dress.

It had long sleeves and reached my knees. It was as simple as a dress can be and I loved it.

It belonged to my mother. I put on my earings and walked out of my room to meet the reason for my smile.

He was in his study, as always, going through a document. He was dressed in a white turtleneck top and white pants.

I smiled at the fact that we are wearing matching colours. He hasn't noticed my presence so I decided to sneak up on him.

I tiptoed closer to him and as I was about to kiss his cheek, he turned around, grabbed me by my waist and pulled me onto his lap.

I yelped at his sudden action and laughed. So, he did notice my presence?

He nuzzled his face into my neck and I sighed. His breath on my skin felt amazing.

"How did you know I was there?"

He chuckled. "How do you not expect me to notice my fiance's presence?"

I blushed. That's right. I'm his fiancee. I still couldn't believe that.

After I told him my past that night, he put the ring in my finger and asked me never to take it off.

"Hmm... You smell so good." His face was still in my neck. He started to suck on my skin and before I lose control and start to moan, I stood up from his lap.

"I'll go make breakfast now. What do you want to eat?"

His eyes were already dark. He stood up and held me by my waist. "You!"

I blushed harder and slapped his chest lightly.

He chuckled and smirked. "Are you blushing?"

Oh no! He's going to tease me now!
"Of course not! Why would I ?" I defended myself.

Before he could say anything else, I walked out. "I'm making blueberry pancakes. I'll call you when it's ready."

As I walked/ran out, I heard him shout, "I can't wait for our wedding night!"

.

.

.

And that's the last chapter of "Damaged in Love"
A huge thank you to all my readers that voted and commented on this book since the very beginning.

I sincerely apologize for not updating regularly. It's just that juggling high school and writing hasn't been easy on me.

But now, I'm finally done with school and I plan to write as much books as I can(much to writer's block disappointment) until I get admission into University.

I know this is a shitty last chapter but I've been writing this book for almost a year now and it's been driving me crazy that I haven't finished it.
But then again, Jessi and Jayden are in love. They are engaged. They put their past behind them. There's basically nothing else to write.
Although, I might write an epilogue about their wedding or their life after (depends on motivation)

Till then, Adios😘😘