Can You See My Pain?

I've been screaming on the inside

And I know you feel the pain

Can you hear me?

Can you hear me?

Colby's POV:

"Sam!" I cry out. But before I could get to him Ryan grabbed my wrist and aggressively threw me against the wall. As I looked at Ryan, he right away slapped me hard across the face. I just whimpered in fear as I tried my best to hold in my tears. "You Bitch!" I look to see Sam aggressively pulling Ryan as he punched him in the face.

"S-Sam Stop Please!" I shouted with teary eyes. Sam looked at me with worry as he walked toward me and hugged me. I tensed up a bit but relaxed at his touch. Ryan got up and angrily glanced at me. "I'll talk to you later babe," he growled as he walked inside the cafeteria.

"Colby, are you ok?" Sam asked me as he released us from our hug. I nodded my head yes as I looked down. "Colby, can I ask you something?" Sam asked. I just nodded my head. "You know how I was last to get change in gym class?" he asked me. I once again nodded my head. "Well, as I was walking to my locker, I passed by you and I noticed just as you were changing shirts, you had bruises all over you." My eyes widened since I knew where he was going with this. "Do your parents hurt you?" Sam asked. I just shook my head no while looking down.

"Colby-" Sam started to say but I cut him off. "Sam, I.." I sighed. "I-I don't live with my parents anymore," I told him. "What?! Since when and where are you living?" Sam asked me. "They found out I was gay the week Ryan and I started dating. I've been living with Ryan since. I was going to call you that day but Ryan called and asked why I sounded sad when I answered him. So I told him and he offered for me to stay with him." "Did both your parents kick you out?" Sam asked me. "N-no just my dad. He yelled and beat me up while my mom did nothing but packed my belongings."

"Well, are you sure things are ok between you and Ryan?" Sam asked. I nodded my head yes. Sam looked at me with a worried look as he gently wiped away a tear that I didn't know slipped down my face.